Sign in to follow this  

CLutch springs sacking out+clutch plate/fiber suggestions

Well I went through another clutch this week on my 06 yz250f.Its about the 3rd since I had the bike in november which I guess isnt too bad.

But I am on my 8th set of clutch springs.Each set I get keep sacking out and going out of spec within a few weeks.I have used stock,DP,Moose,and EBC.Would steping up to a set of those synergy(i think thats the name)clutch springs help at all?They are around $50 compated to the $10 ones I have had.

Also Is there a better set of plates and fibers to use than the DP ones?I heard that some Honda plates fit great and last longer.What bike are they out of?Also Hinson doesnt make the plates anymore so they are outa the question since they were my first choice.Should I just go back to OEM with the better synergy springs?

Finally when I pull the plates out to check them it seems there is very little oil on them and they seem to have alot of discoloration.Is going to a wetsump motor my only option to get more oil to the plates?I am already running Hinson components(basket,inner hub,pressure plate).I really dont want to go to a wetsump motor UNLESS I will get alot greater clutch life then I am all for it.Is this why the YOT team makes their 06 bikes a wet sump?

well its whether you want to take apart the clutch 5 times , VS a 50 guess and succeed/fail. but if you do try the synergy let uys know how they work out. the 06's are known to have a shitty clutch.

same clutch since december. But I also have a gytr/hinson basket in there. I did install the EBC springs (why not at $6 retail). But no problems at all.

Seems a lot of people use the clutch excessively like a 125. I do abuse the clutch, but also use good oil (amsoil MCF) and change it frequently.

www.cannonracecraft.com I had worse problems with springs than you did. Now I've gone over 15 enduro's this year and the free length is still the same as the day i put them in. They are a thumpertalk sponsor. Ask for bonny.

BFS

As for useing the clutch I do not say that I abuse the clutch.I will use it comming out of a corner sometimes or just usual and really not much more than I would on my 450.

I think I am going to go with the dark synergy springs but I am still unsure of plates.

The Dark synergy springs hold up on a full mod YFZ quad without giving you arm pump. Most of the aftermarket springs just raise the spring rate and installed pressure. The reallity is that they are no more stable than the stock springs.