Sign in to follow this  

fcr question

will a fcr carb off a 99 yz 400 work for a drz sm.just wondering because a buddy is parting one out, any info would be nice

thanks

how does it work,any fitment issues,do you know what size it is

That should be the 39mm FCR on the YZ. You will still need the adapters and the proper jets to get it to run correctly on your bike. Swapping the carb has been one the best mods I've done yet .....much better than swapping the exhaust or Hotcams by themselves.

read through this thread for more info on the carb swap http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337250

Whats the difference between the FCR and the FCR-MX???

Whats the difference between the FCR and the FCR-MX???
the mx has the acc pump linkage internally.the fcr off of a yz400 has the linkage externally

It will work perfectly - I've had that exact carb on my bike since 2003. :thumbsup:

gcvt,just wondering,what jetting are you running,you might be close to elevation as iam,sea level to 1000',full muzzy,3x3,and do you have to use the exturnal hot start choke since on the yz 400 it is mounted to the frame,one hose to intake one to air box do i need this?

thanks zac

gcvt,just wondering,what jetting are you running,you might be close to elevation as iam,sea level to 1000',full muzzy,3x3,and do you have to use the exturnal hot start choke since on the yz 400 it is mounted to the frame,one hose to intake one to air box do i need this?

thanks zac

Here's my current jetting:

main jet - 158

pilot jet - 38

main air jet - 200

Sudco pilot air screw - 5/8 out

needle - EMM 4th clip

No hot start, TPS or coast enrichener on my setup.