Sign in to follow this  

Eco-Terrorists Busted in High Sierras

I stumbbled across this and being I ride this area a lot I thought I would post it.

3 Indicted in Calif. on Ecoterror Charges

Associated Press ^ | DON THOMPSON

Posted on 01/26/2006 7:14:13 AM PST by george76

Three environmental activists were cooking up plastic explosives and had planned to test a device the day they were arrested, federal prosecutors alleged Wednesday as they indicted them.

The three face five to 20 years in federal prison if they are convicted of conspiring to use fire or explosives to damage property.

The suspects planned assaults this spring in the name of the Earth Liberation Front, a 'loosey-goosey, sort of mist-of-the-fog kind of an organization' of environmental activists, U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott said.

Eric McDavid, 28, Zachary Jensen, 20, and Lauren Weiner, 20, remain in jail.

They could enter a plea at their arraignment Thursday.

Authorities said they were unknowingly working with an undercover FBI informant and living in a cabin rented by the FBI and wired for surveillance.

Their attempt to boil bleach into crystals ended when the glassware broke, prosecutors allege, and they were buying more when they were arrested Jan. 13 outside a Kmart in the Sierra foothills.

Three days before their arrests, the three scouted a dam and fish hatchery on the American River near Sacramento and toured McDavid's top target, the indictment says: the U.S. Forest Service's Institute of Forest Genetics, east of Sacramento.

Groups like the Earth Liberation Front are the FBI's No. 2 priority behind international terrorism.

The three are not known to be connected to 11 alleged ecoterrorists indicted in Oregon last week...

The suspects planned assaults this spring in the name of the Earth Liberation Front, a 'loosey-goosey, sort of mist-of-the-fog kind of an organization' of environmental activists, U.S. Attorney McGregor Scott said.

elf isnt some loosey goosey gig. its the real deal. radical liberals at their worst

They were the group that torched all of those Hummers at the dealership a few years back if I recall correctly...

yeah they did that, they burnt down a bunch of new homes in auburn, ca. They are spread out. They burnt down a ski Lodge in co or UT. i think it was aspen. They are wide spread and they have small cells and not well orchestrated but they are a threat.

This was just one of many articles I found like this on Western Press I think it was called. There was an article about GreenPeace being cited for litter and billed for damage done to a forest by the local BLM. These people are NUTS!

These people are total nut cases. They are like Osama Bin Ladin's El Qaeda except it is about environment and reversing the current status quo. El Qaeda is about Islamic fundamentalism, they want all Muslims to be fundamentalist and shun all modern and western cultures. They plan to annihilate anything representing decadent western culture and modernism, which USA,Europe and East Asia represents.

The Eco-terrorist wants to reverse us to live in middle ages. Fortunately for us these people have very limited funds and organization to carry out their goal. The hypocrisy of this is they use all the everyday modern technology on a daily basis themselves. :thumbsup:

They were the group that torched all of those Hummers at the dealership a few years back if I recall correctly...

Yeah, azzwipes released more toxin's into the air in one night then all those vehicles combined would have released over their service life.

Good idea, piss poor execution.

Yeah, azzwipes released more toxin's into the air in one night then all those vehicles combined would have released over their service life.

Good idea, piss poor execution.

Good idea???? Where does this come from? I take it you don't like SUVs. If so, burning them is a good idea? You have the same mindset as those ELFers yourself, whether you know it or not. A lot of them would think it's a good idea to burn dirt bikes. Let them start with yours.