Sign in to follow this  

Idle

I have a 2000 cr 250 and i cant find where to adjust the idle. Yes, i have read the manual. Does ne one have a clue? Maybe a diagram or pic? Thanks

The knob you pull up for the choke will turn. With the choke off, turn the knob until the bike idles. I can't remember which way, clockwise or counter clockwise, increases idle speed. If your bike is warmed up and jetted correctly, it shouldn't take much in the right direction to get it to idle.

You dont want to get a steady idle on a 2 stroke anyway.. You just want it to idle for maybe 5 seconds or so then die. No steady idle..

You dont want to get a steady idle on a 2 stroke anyway.. You just want it to idle for maybe 5 seconds or so then die. No steady idle..

yeah my dad says the same, but why?

Ok thanks. Yea mine chokes out like right after u let off the gas.

Thats ridiculous. If the reeds are good and the piston isnt flopping around in the bore, its should idle. Guys that cant get them to idle simply either haven't tried or don't know how to jet the bike correctly. Most guys wont even mess with the air screw to get the thing correct... :thumbsup:

^^^I guarantee you my bike is the epitome of a perfectly jetted two stroke,, and I'm sorry to tell you, turning your air screw is not jetting your bike! Yes your bike should be physically able to idle. No you don't want it to idle steadily.Just the facts! But if it makes you feel better, turn that air screw and idle it up dude!!

If your related to Joe Dirt then jetting, silencer repacking,or correct replacement parts doesn't apply to you,,,K..

:cry: It's a good thing there are no jetting questions on IQ test's.

Right Shawn??? :thumbsup:

My IQ is only 128,, I think you cheated! :ride:

Ok, sure...sit there and keep blapping the throttle like a kook to keep your poorly carbureted motor running...

If you dont believe the air screw has anything to do with the jetting...thats ok too...who am I to try to teach you anything....

^^^ Blipping, we " Blip" the throttle

Air screw yes has to do with jetting, but it's not a sure fix

Please don't tell me you've been turning the air screw on that 500 for the last 18 years, oh well,, you gettin close?? Oh well,, better turn up the idle some more..

LOL- That's just funny!!!!

^^^ Blipping, we " Blip" the throttle

Air screw yes has to do with jetting, but it's not a sure fix

Please don't tell me you've been turning the air screw on that 500 for the last 18 years, oh well,, you gettin close?? Oh well,, better turn up the idle some more..

LOL- That's just funny!!!!

No, typically I'll get the jetting right first, then play with the air screw to get the throttle response perfect, then I'll set the idle.

There is a front side to the horse to work from...but I think you need to find the barn where the horse is first...