Idle

You dont want to get a steady idle on a 2 stroke anyway.. You just want it to idle for maybe 5 seconds or so then die. No steady idle..

Thats ridiculous. If the reeds are good and the piston isnt flopping around in the bore, its should idle. Guys that cant get them to idle simply either haven't tried or don't know how to jet the bike correctly. Most guys wont even mess with the air screw to get the thing correct... ?

^^^I guarantee you my bike is the epitome of a perfectly jetted two stroke,, and I'm sorry to tell you, turning your air screw is not jetting your bike! Yes your bike should be physically able to idle. No you don't want it to idle steadily.Just the facts! But if it makes you feel better, turn that air screw and idle it up dude!!

If your related to Joe Dirt then jetting, silencer repacking,or correct replacement parts doesn't apply to you,,,K..

^^^ Blipping, we " Blip" the throttle

Air screw yes has to do with jetting, but it's not a sure fix

Please don't tell me you've been turning the air screw on that 500 for the last 18 years, oh well,, you gettin close?? Oh well,, better turn up the idle some more..

LOL- That's just funny!!!!

^^^ Blipping, we " Blip" the throttle

Air screw yes has to do with jetting, but it's not a sure fix

Please don't tell me you've been turning the air screw on that 500 for the last 18 years, oh well,, you gettin close?? Oh well,, better turn up the idle some more..

LOL- That's just funny!!!!

No, typically I'll get the jetting right first, then play with the air screw to get the throttle response perfect, then I'll set the idle.

There is a front side to the horse to work from...but I think you need to find the barn where the horse is first...