Sign in to follow this  

Fitted full system, not running too good

So i just fitted a Roosta full system exhaust, stainless steel.

I have an 06' DRZ400E, Australian model. the Roosta header and pipe diameter looks alot bigger than the stock E pipe.

The aussie FCR comes jetted with a 165 main i believe, and a 42 pilot i think?

I have JD needles ready to go in, but not sure on what settings i will need.

Elevation sealevel to 3000ft

Open airbox

Coast enrichener on (I will be removing this soon)

At the moment the bike stumbles down low and when i roll on the throttle, even to full throttle it just doesnt have the pull that it had with the stock exhaust.

Thanks for any advice.

What cams?

Stock needle? What position?

If all you did was install a full system then you should be more lean then you were before.

All stock. Though the aussie model E is different to the American E. Not sure on needle position.

It has stock E cams.

I'm suprised it runs flat up top even with a 165 main in it, which is usually what is run with an aftermarket pipe :thumbsup:

If you opened the airbox AND put on the aftermarket exhaust without re-jetting, you're running lean. You need to open the carb and post your pilot and main jet sizes as well as which needle you have for anyone here to be able to advise you. Chances are you need to go up two sizes in pilot and main with the stock needle.

Because a JD needle will have a very different taper than the stock one, you'll need expert advice (which I can't give) on the settings.

I can tell you that a 42 pilot sounds awfully small. I bet your pilot is larger than that.

I have 50 pilot and 160 main with an EMM needle, open airbox, and S header. I'm running rich at 2200+ ft., but no bog or stumble anywhere in the powerband.

Thanks Eddie,

Is that for the JD Blue needle or the stock?

I have the 45 pilot, JD Blue needle on 3rd clip and 165 main jet.