Sign in to follow this  

Carmichael Retires Suddenly?

lol I assume you've never read the onion before...

People actually believe this????!!!!! This is why the world needs shows like SNL... .SNL, Mad TV, Kids in the Hall, Mad magazine, etc, (satire) should be required as daily doses for the masses. Or everyone given a dirt bike and required to ride 1 hour a day.

Well you guys do know he isn't racing a full season next year right? Well he might or might not, who knows it's RC.

yeah the onion is about as reliable of a news source as SNL.

Its comedy

Hmm...I always thought comedy entailed something funny...

I found that stupid and the blurb about Tony Stewart I found completely offensive and bigoted :thumbsup:

Obviously the author knows very little about motocross.

Everyone knows RC rides a 450.

Motocrosser Quits After Learning Physics

Everyone knows if this article had been about Jame Stewart, it would have suckered in a hundred times more people and caused a huge stir. Now that would have been a fun aritcle.

I look forward to watching RC finish this season and JS to dominate starting in the next AMA season.

theonion.com is one of the best website out there, hands down. it is up there with whitehouse.org and others where comedy rules the day.

I think you have to be acclimated to that type of humor to see it. Start reading them weekly, good stuff.

Motocrosser Quits After Learning Physics

July 27, 2006 | Onion Sports

TALLAHASSEE, FL—Reigning AMA Motocross national champion Ricky Carmichael, considered by many to be the greatest off-road motorcycle rider in history, abruptly announced his retirement from competition Monday after completing a summer course in physics at Florida State University. "I've had a great run in both professional motocross and Supercross, but the more I learn about kinetic energy, momentum, and ballistics, I'm beginning to think I've had a pretty good run of luck, too," said Carmichael, whose instructors said seemed particularly interested in the effects that gravity and sudden deceleration could have on a Suzuki RMZ250 four-stroke dirt bike. "I'd like to thank everyone and everything that helped me get this far, especially the considerable gyroscopic forces of the wheels on my race bikes, which were apparently sometimes the only thing keeping me from sublimating into a liquid state of matter." Carmichael is rumored to be considering a career in NASCAR after completing courses in business and marketing. :thumbsup::ride::cry::ride::ride::crazy::ride::busted::busted::busted::ride::eek::eek::crazy::crazy::crazy::applause: Thats good comedy

Come on people, the article wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It is called intelligent humor.