Sign in to follow this  

Asterisk Knee Brace!

I just had my ACL reconstructed and im wondering if i should use a knee brace when i get back to riding :ride:

If ill get a knee brace its only going to be Asterisk! Does anyone have it and how is it working out for you!

thanks! :thumbsup:

YEA!! you must have a lot of confidence to not ride with them after that surgery. i see all these acl injuries and ive decided to get a pair, but ive got to save up some money first!! GOOD LUCK!!

I have a pair of CTi2 braces, and I love them. After I tore my second ACL I used an asterisk so I could do one last race before I had surgery, and they were real nice too, but I liked the Cti better but not really enough to justify the extra cost. Both of my CTi's were paid for by insurance, if I was apying out of my own pocket I would have went with the Asterisk.

I have a pair of CTi2 braces, and I love them. After I tore my second ACL I used an asterisk so I could do one last race before I had surgery, and they were real nice too, but I liked the Cti better but not really enough to justify the extra cost. Both of my CTi's were paid for by insurance, if I was apying out of my own pocket I would have went with the Asterisk.

If i havent had any knee injuries can i still get them from insurance?? ive noticed my knees feeling week and a little painful every one and a while.

If you can get a doc to write you a prescription, and a letter of medical necessity your insurance might pay.

If you can get a doc to write you a prescription, and a letter of medical necessity your insurance might pay.

sweet im gonna ask him him to do so :thumbsup:

sweet im gonna ask him him to do so :thumbsup:

I just got measured thursday for my CTI2s, one for each leg Dr Mark wrote a script and ins. pick up the tab :ride:

asterisk is a branch of cti for all of you who didnt know!!!!!

Asterisk is ran by Dave Castillos kid. Dave was the owner of Innovation sports who makes the CTi 2, but Dave sold Innovation Sports to Ossur a year or so ago.

What do you guys think about the EVS Web? I think it's simular in price to the off the shelf CTI's (not the CTi2).

alot of people say that the cti2's are better but not worth the price. if i can get an insurance write off ill get the cti's but if not then the asterisks.

Get an September issue of Dirt Rider they do a nice job on knee braces for pro's and con's. The Asterisk came out on top, but read why as it is important to know what works and what don't. So to put it another way use this idea

Knee repair, hurts like a MOFO and you cant ride = $16000.00 Dollars US.

Knee brace, might save your knee or not but, see above = $ 450.00 and up.

Major crashes you still may have problems, but if your like me a stupid fall or slow tip over is when I normally get hurt. I wear Asterisk braces on both legs now. The prices I quoted are from my bills so think of it like I do. I have two Hannah yellow and black YZ 450f's in my right knee plus a barrel of race gas.

^^ Wise words. To bad many don't think that way until it's too late. I used Knee cups since I was little and I thought I was doing good.

Get an September issue of Dirt Rider they do a nice job on knee braces for pro's and con's. The Asterisk came out on top, but read why as it is important to know what works and what don't. So to put it another way use this idea

Knee repair, hurts like a MOFO and you cant ride = $16000.00 Dollars US.

Knee brace, might save your knee or not but, see above = $ 450.00 and up.

Major crashes you still may have problems, but if your like me a stupid fall or slow tip over is when I normally get hurt. I wear Asterisk braces on both legs now. The prices I quoted are from my bills so think of it like I do. I have two Hannah yellow and black YZ 450f's in my right knee plus a barrel of race gas.

I have that Dirt Rider issue and i will most likely getting Asterisk knee braces and just now i got my TransworldMX issue and they showed that Asterisk upgraded the cell brace and that mow is even better than it was before :thumbsup:

I have a condition called ozgood slaughter syndrome it is where the knees grow faster than the tendons, so My movement is very restricted without pain. I ride w/ the asterisk they are amazing the ctis are just as good if not better. The evs are better than nothing but not worth the price. they have a weak strap system that tends to break quite often. for the price of two you can buy a pair of asterisk and a 12 pack and some new gear. The only down fall to a hard brace is getting used to riding w/ them if you use your knees alot to grip the tank

This is the first I have heard about the EVS being bad. The Asterisk's are around $500-550, I bought a single, left knee, EVS Web for $280 shipped. I dont see where you get this;

for the price of two you can buy a pair of asterisk and a 12 pack and some new gear.

:thumbsup:

Since no one else has mentioned it there seems to be some controversy about knee braces you should at least be aware of - link.

I can get the 2006 Asterisk knee brace for $480 bucks including tax and shipping & handling! But in my new TransworldMx they said Astersik came out with a new version fot 07 and they said its a little better, but it costs $600 :ride: !!! Should i get the 06 one or add another 120 bucks and get the 07!! Im kinda short on money right now, because im not working! Do any of you now if those extra features worth the extra $120 dollars :thumbsup:

i would never ride without my asterisks.. my knees are worth 500 dollars