Sign in to follow this  

Which tire?

I know there are a ton of threads on this....but I figured I would personalize one to myself. I have been running Dunlop 756 front an rear for around 5 years.

I would like to try something different. The Dunlops seem good because they work pretty well everywhere and last a while, but there has to be something better. I ride a track that varies from very loamy dirt when freshly groomed, to dust, to blue groove hardpack, so ideally I need a tire that is best in intermediate terrain (I guess that is what the track is for most of each day before it gets baked by the sun). I also ride in michigan quite a bit when I am at school...but that is a whole other story I wont worry about right now.

What does everyone think? If it matters I am a B class MXer, and ride a 2004 kx250f.

Thanks!

i'd try a maxxis IT ive never used it but i have heard that they. and i have a d773 on the back of my 125 and it is doing good like on it's 10th race

i'd try a maxxis IT ive never used it but i have heard that they are good and i have a d773 on the back of my 125 and it is doing good like on it's 10th race

If you wanna stick with Dunlop try the 952. I use it out here in Cali and your description is spot on for what I ride. It lasts forever and is predictable. Its a soft terrain tread pattern but with a hard tire compound. Its based off the 752. I'm pretty sure the 756 replaced this tire. Hopefully they will come out with a 956.

I have no clue why everyone likes the Maxxis IT tires. Personally they have put me on my ass numerous times as they give no warning when they will give. Straight line traction is good so maybe everybody only goes straight. My bro-in-law bought one and broke his collar-bone the very first ride as the tire gave out on the face of jump. He took it off immediately and threw it away. He now uses the 952 and has had no similar instances like the Maxxis IT.