Sign in to follow this  

This hurts (foot area), whats the problem?

When i run/walk or push here it hurts. Anyone know what the problem is? Doc sent me home saying no worries son, it will get better. Well months later it hasn't gotten any better.

foot.jpg

You shouldn't run with high heel shoes. That's the problem (lol). :thumbsup:

i had that i might have a bruised achieeles tendon did it happen riding or you could have planterfachiestis say it to the doctor exactly how i spelt it i cant spell it write it would take some kind of genius to do it ask him about this then go from there

If its Achilles tendontis, take a hot bath, then stretch it, then ice it down. Take advil, and wear a one inch heel (like western boots)

Thanks but that's not even my leg.

I guess I'll go back to the Doc and stay there until he acknowledges there is a problem.:thumbsup:

A general mechanic (practitioner) most likely will have difficulty in diagnosing your ailment. I usually go to my PT, get an orthopedic surgeon's name and make a phone call to set up an appt. I went 4 years without an ACL due to a GP's inability to perform a basic Loci (sp?) test before a PT did it properly and sent me to an OS at the UofMn.

I'm a PT. Looks like Achilles tendinitis. Do all the stuff Dr. Mark said, especially the calf stretches 3-4 x per day and the ice. If it doesn't clear up in a few weeks your doc can give you a referral to PT for iontophoresis. This pushes an anti inflammatory drug (dexamethazone) directly into the tendon. Unless you are really severe the ice and stretches should clear you right up. Good Luck,

D

P.S. Where can my girlfriend get a set of those heels? :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Hopefully I can make a full recovery. I'm doing a big hike in 2 months. Iontophoresis looks fun

PS try any online store for stripper shoes and clothing. Locally try your adult book, lingerie store or Frederick's of Hollywood :thumbsup: