Sign in to follow this  

Where Is The Water Leak?

Won't belabor the sad saga that's led to this point, but the bottom line is that I have a KX250F that's pumping water into the oil faster than Hurricane Katrina can fill a New Orleans back yard.

With the cylinder head off and the oil drain bolt removed you can turn the kick starter and watch water pour out the drain hole below. Doesn't appear to be a leak until you turn the crank. Impeller is turning fine and oil filter/impeller gasket area has no cross leaks.

I've checked everywhere I can think of with a couple of exceptions that aren't going to be any fun. My next step would be to check the water pump oil seals between the water pump and the case. I'm hoping one of you folks can point out something I've missed or overlooked.

Should tell you that this bike was just fine until I decided to sell it. I replaced the big bore cylinder set-up with the stock cylinder and new piston and rings. What should have been a simple cylinder change has gotten complicated since.

I'm asking for suggestions, guidance, criticism and/or prayers at this point. What am I missing?

I may have misunderstood, did you replace the water pump seal? The water may not seep into the crank case until the water is forced to move past the seal pulling/pushing the water into the crankcase.