Sign in to follow this  

Difference between M402 and M402A?

Can someone tell me what the difference between the Bridgestone M402 and the M402A is? Same with the M401 and M401A?

I just got the M401 and M402 and was wondering if I should have got the A's. I hope they last longer than the stock tires... I've gone through 2 756's in no time. They hook up great for about 2 hours, but they'll wear down by just looking at them!!! :thumbsup:

its simple... they have an A at the end :thumbsup: duh...

Keep your day job... Comedy is not your forte! :ride:

The "A" tires are made for the 4 strokes. The front is a tad wider and shorter as is the rear. They also have the dual compound rubber. The front 401A hooks up very well, at first it feels strange but it does stick very well. On our KTM and the CRF we have found it very good. Flat resistance/ piched tubes from rocks is excellant. We do fine the outside knobs on the "A" tire does chunk a tad more than the regular series tire in hardpack or shaley rock...

The "A" tires are made for the 4 strokes. The front is a tad wider and shorter as is the rear. They also have the dual compound rubber. The front 401A hooks up very well, at first it feels strange but it does stick very well. On our KTM and the CRF we have found it very good. Flat resistance/ piched tubes from rocks is excellant. We do fine the outside knobs on the "A" tire does chunk a tad more than the regular series tire in hardpack or shaley rock...

Thanks. I ride mostly hardpack with a lot of rocks in Arkansas. We'll see how the non 'A' tires hold up. I'll give the A's a try next. Damn I miss the rich black dirt in Illinois!!!

Keep your day job... Comedy is not your forte! :thumbsup:

i was just giving a logical answer :ride: you should try the michelin starcrosses.

i was just giving a logical answer :thumbsup: you should try the michelin starcrosses.

How do they hold up in very sharp rocky terrain? I'm definitely open to suggestions. I grew up riding on nice black dirt in Illinois and the Mid-West. Rocks chunking the knobbies off is all pretty new to me.

these tires actually hold up really well. i ride a lot of soft stuff with them but also really hard stuff the days they dont water the track. i did quite a few trail rides(really rocky ones) with them and they held up quite nicely.

I'm from Illinois too. Riding there is like riding in garden mulch :thumbsup:

I'm in Arizona now, and it has to be the rock capital of the US. I have an "A" up front (which is great!) and a non-A (standard) in the back. The rear standard hooks up great in the intermediate terrain when new, but it just does not last. So don't be surprised.

I'm gonna order an A this week. If it doesn't last I'm going to the Dunlap 952- which many of our friends here swear by.

I'm from Illinois too. Riding there is like riding in garden mulch :thumbsup:

You're not kidding! I never knew how good I had it until moving to Arkansas. The terrain here is so much harder on the bike and your body when you hit the ground!

I'll look into the 952's... Thanks