Sign in to follow this  

Drz400s-06

Alllrighty… I'm new to this place. I have a brand new DRZ400S (2006). I have done some searching and all I'm finding is some pretty old info. How much of what I find here also relates to my bike? I'm not new to the bike world. I split the cases on my first bike when I was 12. 73? XR75. I have had several dirt (2 wheel and quads) and a couple of street bikes since the 70’s. Now finally back to in again since my bored 30 over 92’ Quadzilla 500. I love the way this 400 cruises. I just put a pro circuit T4 on, pulled the snorkel and dropped the rear sprocket to a 41. I ride this 3 days out of 5 to work (5miles) and take several squirts around the area when I can on the off hours. I have not been in the dirt yet (It’s only 3weeks old!!) and know the stock tires have to go. I need to find a great DOT that is good for fire roads and some medium single track. I need a great skid plate, covers for the cases, fork guards (want to lose the rubber guards…those are just painful!!) and maybe a good rear brake/turn signal kit for the rear fender. Anything else you can point me towards would be greatly appreciated.

-Freakshow

:thumbsup:

With the exception of some lousy improvments to the ACCT, which still needs to be replaced, all the drz S are the same from 02 on. The main difference between the 00-01 and the 02 on is that the new ones have the better suspension found on the E

Welcome, You have found the right place to be if you own a DRZ400.

Read the sticky at the top of the forum for New Riders.

Read the annoucement at the top of the forum for popular parts and accessories for the DRZ

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/announcement.php?f=25&announcementid=106

Look in members 'garages' to see what upgrades they do to their bikes.

The thumpertalk store has the best prices on the parts you want. If you see a better price somewhere else, just call them and they will beat it.

Enjoy your new toy! :thumbsup:

welcome,

tail light: go baja designs or drc. tires: dunlop 606. gearing: may want to go with shorter gearing rather than taller once you have it running right. Snorkel: that's only half of it-now cut the hole to 3"x3"-skip the k&n filter, the stock one flows fine-it's a twin-air without the label. Jetting: dynojet kit. Skidplate: baja designs/moose/msr (all the same I read somewhere). do a search and perform the reliability mods (p-nut, sprocket, bearings), get a set of handguards (moose, emgo, acerbis...), unibiker rad guards, large tank (clarke3.9 gal-mine holds a measured 4 gal) and you'll be ready to go.

Check out my garage, very happy with everything exept the acibris mirrors. They Suck! :thumbsup: