Sign in to follow this  

crf230 or ttr230

Its me again. I think I narrowed my decision down to these 2 bikes. thanks for the input. I have found several out there and not much difference in price. The yamaha guys tell me theirs is better and the honda guys say theirs is (of course). Just wondering what anyone elses opinion is.?? Thanks for the input.

It doesnt matter much at all.

They both are trail bikes what you will get from them will be just that.

It all goes down to whichever bike you feel more confortable in.

Never had a problem with my old TTR. Yamaha are great bikes, Honda are great bikes...just pick a color when dealing with these two bikes really...

They are almost the same exact bike just different colors. I have ridden both and I think they both did good in very technical trails. Although I did like the Honda better for some reason.

Both bikes are winners as trail bikes. Do some searches for past threads and one has a portion of a magazine review indicating - like others are doing on this thread - that both are great trail bikes and are competitive. I believe the Yamaha was the "nimble" one that revved faster, the Honda was more suited to heavier riders and those that liked comfort for long rides.

I own the TTR and have ridden CRFs. They both are fantastic bikes for the money. They do feel different; if you can, you're best bet is to ride them before buying. But if don't get that chance, I'd say as long as you didn't intend on racing them you wouldn't loose with either one.

They're basically the same bikes, and perform the same. Just pick red or blue. I personally prefer Honda, because I think not entirely sure if this is still true, that it's easier and parts are more availible to mod the honda.

i ride my friends crf230 alot and its a strong bike, im 220lbs, 6' and that thang hauls me around so that speaks volumes to me, but yeah just pick a color

I recently traded in my TTR-230 on a Kawi. I like the 230, never had any problems with it and it performed very well. I say with confidence if i had the Honda i would say the same thing. The only difference with the Honda is it might be a few more $$$'s. I got my Yamaha for around $3000.

I recently traded in my TTR-230 on a Kawi. I like the 230, never had any problems with it and it performed very well. I say with confidence if i had the Honda i would say the same thing. The only difference with the Honda is it might be a few more $$$'s. I got my Yamaha for around $3000.

A quick off-topic question: how would you describe the difference between the ttr230 and the kdx200 in terms of power and handling/suspension?

Sorry I'm off topic, I just couldn't resist because I may get a KDX200 in the near future