Sign in to follow this  

advice on chinese bike purchase...

I am looking at getting a couple of the chinese bikes for myself and my 7 year old son. I am around 220 and he is 4' tall. I am some experience, this will be his first bike. What should I look for in these things? I have heard some bad things about the Chinese quality, but have heard there are a few decent bikes out there. I do not want to spend tons of money. They would not be raced, just riding around on the property, gravel/dirt roads, a few trails, rolling hills, nothing outrageous. Any insight from you guys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

lv, thanks for the response. I noticed on outlaw, they make some crf knockoffs. Are these any good?

check out the xtremes they make a stock 50 or one with a 88 kit and they have the cr3 or pro stock for you

lv, thanks for the response. I noticed on outlaw, they make some crf knockoffs. Are these any good?

SSR would be a good choice,they have models for both you and your son at an affordable price.Don't let anybody talk you into speading more than a $1000 for your son's bike,he will out grow it quick.Chinese bikes are a good way to get into the sport without breaking the bank.When you and your son get better then spend the cash for the higher end stuff that you can thrash on.

You all spend so much on pitbikes D8 mine only cost £370 ($690 USD) brand new.

Ryan.

Outlaw has the SSR C4 back in stock. I think that would be perfect for both of you. Just order some stronger peg mounts for you, new grips for both. About $2200.00 you and your son have very decent rides in less than a week. This is a repost, but a good video/review by a fellow TTer

. Hope this helped you. " A father & Son spending time riding together is one of life's Cherished moments" You guys wear your helmets and HAVE FUN!!!

With the way the oil producer's hate us(U.S. no pun intended)we might be paying that and more!!!

You can thank bush for that.

You can bush bash all you want, but I tell you, THANK GOD JOHN CAREY & HIS LITTLE GAY SIDEKICK didn't get elected :ride: . Things were on their way down(way down) before Clinton ever left . I don't think Gore was " President Material" . When 911 hit, I was glad bush was in office! But you know the scariest thing is, even though Gore & Carey are Knuckleheads look how close the elections were :cry: I say vote for the Qualified candidate and not the party!! Liberals make no sense and frustrate me & now the Democrats are closer to being Liberal than Democrat!! Our country is in for tuff times,, sad but true!!! :thumbsup:

You can thank bush for that.

Tell me please, how does the President have any control of consumer goods prices in a free market society?

They sure did. There was Bush senior first, then little bush, Im not saying there is anything wrong with a little bush, as long as its not the president.

Our Country has been bushwhacked.

You can bush bash all you want, but I tell you, THANK GOD JOHN CAREY & HIS LITTLE GAY SIDEKICK didn't get elected :ride: . Things were on their way down(way down) before Clinton ever left . I don't think Gore was " President Material" . When 911 hit, I was glad bush was in office! But you know the scariest thing is, even though Gore & Carey are Knuckleheads look how close the elections were :cry: I say vote for the Qualified candidate and not the party!! Liberals make no sense and frustrate me & now the Democrats are closer to being Liberal than Democrat!! Our country is in for tuff times,, sad but true!!! :thumbsup:

Blah BLAH BLAH BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

NOBODY CARES

BLAH BLAH BLAAAHHHH