Sign in to follow this  

Blown clutch, missing spring

aight bear with me for a sec here. so i purchased a used 03 yz250f with a clutch rebuild needed. the guy had just completely rebuilt the top end due to the clutch bustin. so i opened up the clutch and discovered that the clutch basket blew a spring, ive torn out the clutch and cant find this missing spring, do you think im safe in just rebuilding the clutch and not tearing apart the rest of the bike looking for this spring that may have already been pulled out when the engine was rebuilt? Thanks for any feedback.

give the guy a call and ask him if he saw a spring when he did the top end, if not then yeah i would have a look for it :thumbsup:

The 1 clutch spring was never put in,if the clutch spring came out while riding you would know it. It would fall out between the pressure plate and clutch cover getting hung up on the clutch cover.When you took off the clutch cover it would of been hanging right there. Measure the springs while your there and throw another one in you will be good to go. :thumbsup: