04 Clutch starting to catch, but outer basket isn't grooved very much??

I have an 04 CRF450 (approximately 80 hours on it) and at the last race, the clutch started catching and lurching when I let it out evenly :ride: . I checked the outer basket and there are some grooves in it but very slight (on the order of a 1/2mm). Will this still cause it to catch and lurch the bike?

Plates look OK, but I did not check the thickness yet.

Thanks for your help ?

My 04 did that after a hard day of racing, I pretty much cooked the clutch. Even after an oil change I found the clutch to be grabby and I just replaced the fiber plates which solved my problem. My basket at the time was only lightly notched as well.

I change the oil (Mobil 1 15W50) every 5 hours religously and put in at least the right amount, typically 0.05 Liter more. I pulled off the first two clutch plates and they looked good. The oil is always coming out dark and shiny looking, not sure if this is any indication.

I really have done the same thing for the past two years without a hitch and then last weekend at the races the clutch started to grap on the start. I typically rev the engine to about 1/2 - 3/4, hold the front brake and slip the clutch until the rear end loads up. Once the gate drops I let go of the brake, hammer the throttle and slip the clutch as necessary. Last weekend, as I was slipping the clutch with the front brake on, the bike would not load up without lurching as I slowly released the clutch to the point where it would normally load up.

Thanks for the help!!