Sign in to follow this  

Stock dunlop.....crappy?

Okay I have maybe 2hrs on my 07' 450 and im noticing that the rear tire is wearing rather quickly. Is this typical of the stock dunlop tires or is it the fact that 450's just wear them out faster? My 250 has maxxis tires with about 4 times the time on them and they show about a 1/4 of the wear that my 450 does.

i think its a combination of a big power bike and a tire that cant handle it. mine wore out really quick too.

if you find a tire that can hang with the 450r let us know. they shred every thing i've tried so far

756's wear like butter no matter what bike they are on. Then combined with a 450 you're lucky to get 4 rides out of the thing on a well groomed MX track. One desert ride will kill the thing. Try the 952 is wear resistance is your thing.

if you find a tire that can hang with the 450r let us know. they shred every thing i've tried so far

i use dunlop D773 and pirelli MT32 and they last a long time, at least in the sand, on real hardpack they are gone in an hour :thumbsup:

How do the Bridgestone 401 and 402 hold up to wear on track conditions?? Considering going to them from the 756's!

theDogger