Sign in to follow this  

Windshield fitment

Hey guys, I did a search here on the forums for windshields used by members here & I have seen many using the Slipstream, Cee Baileys & Paraballum. I really like the Cee baileys but its expensive IMO. of course paraballum is outrageously priced but I dont like the way it looks anyway.

I am planning to get a slipstream to fit on the stock bars & I dont plan on changing the stock bars unless I realy need to. What kind of fitment would I need for stock bars ? The 1 inch or the 7/8ths ?

Also any recomendations on where to order it from would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Windshields are for pansies :ride:

Pansie eh ? Hey man, when are we going riding ? :cry:

BTW I have been doing my intended commute without any problems except for getting grilled in the tunnel :thumbsup::ride:

But I cover 46 miles in 1 hour 10 mins on an average & I just did a recent mileage calculation & I am getting 55MPG , that too with staying above 65MPH most of the time. Start from Edison & end up at La Guardia.

Anyone know where they have been able to purchase them at a reasonable rate ? I found them at MAW but they are charging me $11 extra for shipping and "insurance" ??

Glad to hear that commute is going good so far Arsh. I bet its hot as hell in that Holland tunnel boy. I've been being a sissy this week and taking the car to work for the a/c. Its way too F'n hot dude! :thumbsup:

Glad to hear that commute is going good so far Arsh. I bet its hot as hell in that Holland tunnel boy. I've been being a sissy this week and taking the car to work for the a/c. Its way too F'n hot dude! :thumbsup:

I avoid it in the morning by taking Verezano (spelling?) bridge so its not too bad. The heat is fine only till I get stuck in traffic.

But in the evening the tunnel is HOT, the worst 1 mile of my commute. But once thats over, its ok.

Anyone know where they have been able to purchase them at a reasonable rate ? I found them at MAW but they are charging me $11 extra for shipping and "insurance" ??

Most mail order places will hit you that hard on shipping for an order less than $100. There is another option for the shield, same ballpark for $. The National cycle deflector. It's similar to the slip stream. I had the SS and it got broken. I bought the NCD. I like the NCD shield better (more rigid and better angle adjustment) but the SS had better hard ware. The NCD you have to remove the clamps entirely from the bar. the SS has a thumbnut that you can back off and pull the shield bars out of the clamps, keeps you from having to reset the position each time(however the thumbnut totally interferes with the tripometer knob)

Most mail order places will hit you that hard on shipping for an order less than $100. There is another option for the shield, same ballpark for $. The National cycle deflector. It's similar to the slip stream. I had the SS and it got broken. I bought the NCD. I like the NCD shield better (more rigid and better angle adjustment) but the SS had better hard ware. The NCD you have to remove the clamps entirely from the bar. the SS has a thumbnut that you can back off and pull the shield bars out of the clamps, keeps you from having to reset the position each time(however the thumbnut totally interferes with the tripometer knob)

How much did you get the National for ? As far as I remember that was about $80. I just ordered the SS on monday for $45 plus $13 in shipping :thumbsup::ride::cry::ride:

You are right, I forgot how cheap the SS is. I paid $69 for the national thru a friend who is a parts unlimitted dealer. If you can find one of those dealers, they can usually save you the shipping, and guys like my buddy need to do a lot of business with P.U. each year, so they are happy to order stuff for a 10 or 15% markup