Sign in to follow this  

New TTR 225 Owner / 2003 model w/?'s

I just bought a 2003 TTR 225 and I'm finding out that parts for this aren't as popular as they are for the 426's or YZ's and such.

My bike is not street legal, I was quoted 500.00 for a Baja Kit, and a local shop quoted me 300.00 for parts and labor to get it street legal. ( Lights, kill switch, signals, horn and ect..) Is this a good deal? Also I hear the 35w headlights for these arent adequate. Any leads on Lights and street legal parts at a descent rate? Self setups that are better?

Second I need a kick stand and don't want to pay 70.00 for a metal peg- yes I'm frugal with this. Anyone want to see theirs? Lights or ect? If it was a FMF pipe that would be different :thumbsup: !

Anyway any slip on exhaust recommendations would be much appreciated also.

Thanks and look forward to chatting with you all more on TT- Shane

I just bought a 2003 TTR 225 and I'm finding out that parts for this aren't as popular as they are for the 426's or YZ's and such.

My bike is not street legal, I was quoted 500.00 for a Baja Kit, and a local shop quoted me 300.00 for parts and labor to get it street legal. ( Lights, kill switch, signals, horn and ect..) Is this a good deal? Also I hear the 35w headlights for these arent adequate. Any leads on Lights and street legal parts at a descent rate? Self setups that are better?

Second I need a kick stand and don't want to pay 70.00 for a metal peg- yes I'm frugal with this. Anyone want to see theirs? Lights or ect? If it was a FMF pipe that would be different :thumbsup: !

Anyway any slip on exhaust recommendations would be much appreciated also.

Thanks and look forward to chatting with you all more on TT- Shane

$300 to make it streetable including labor is a great deal!

on my dual sport I have a 35/50 bulb it works fine and is street legal here in Cali.