Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse Clutch - Tunsten Balls

I just installed a Rekluse clutch with all of the plain steel balls by mistake. It appears to work fine. What are the benefits of the heavier tungsten balls? How many should I install? I have the bike setup for slow speed engagement, good for tight trails etc.

The heavier balls will engage the clutch at a lower rpms. Cheers

According to the guys at rekluse I've talked to the tungsten balls are heavier therefore the centrifical force is greater allowing for a more complete lockup. I was having a bad time with mine slipping (heavily built engine) when the owner of rekluse read my post and told me to call him. I did and we worked out a way for the rekluse to tame the beast that included tungsten balls as well as an additional internal spring.

One of the best companies to work with if you ask me, they get :thumbsup::ride::cry:

The smooth / easy engagement is nice, but you need to test to make sure your clutch isn't slipping under load. If it is, your clutch plates will wear out quickly. Go about 40 ~ 45 mph in 5th gear, lightly apply the rear brake and twist the throttle. If revs increase with out speed increasing, your clutch is slipping and you need to add Tungsten balls. The heavier balls can increase the tension, like a stiffer spring would. You probably don't have anything to worry about, but you should check it out.

The Tungsten balls will make your clutch engage at a lower rpm, and make it grap with more authority, like a hit rather than smooth. More balls, more hit. I played with different ball combinations, ended up with the recommended stock setup.

My DRZ makes a moaning kind of noise when driving away slowly. When accelerating swiftly I hear nothing. What could indicate this noise?

My DRZ makes a moaning kind of noise when driving away slowly. When accelerating swiftly I hear nothing. What could indicate this noise?

It's telling you to go faster :thumbsup:

Not sure, where does the sound seem to be coming from?

I think it's just that the clutch isn't fully locked up. I can make mine make some funny noises but I figure it's probably not good on the plates so I try to get the engine speed up to full lock up fairly quickly.

When hot mine will do it more than when cold.

When hot mine will do it more than when cold.

I encountered the same experience. Why would that be?