Sign in to follow this  

Handguards

Im finally going to get some bark busters for my yz. What ones are the best? Does anyone have the moose ones. Im looking at those right now because they are aluminum and only 40 dollars. The acerbis multiplo look cool but I cant see myslef dropping 90 dollars when i can spend 40. Any other ones i should look at?

Thanks

I'm happy with the Moose handguards and wind delectors on my bike. You may need to bend the guard a little to get it to sit exactly where you want on the bars. I used a vise, I hear of someone else sticking the end in a manhole cover hole.

MooseGuard2.jpg

the tusk dflex is a very good choice, they are cheap, and look and hold up very well

i have cycras pro bend, and couldnt be happier with them though, there bend pattern keeps me from getting my hands stuck in the bars if i fall

I have cycras on my bike and love them. I put on the low profile shields though. They are smaller and slimmer lined.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=559

We sell A TON of the cycras and also these Moose handuards and competition handguard protectors.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=553&s=2

I have the Cycras as well and love them. They are more pricey than the moose racing jobs, and look very similar in bend, mounting, etc. I would giv ethe moose ones a try. I would stay away from the Maier stuff, though. Their plastic is junk. It never seems to fit quite right and lasts about as long as paper mache.

I have the Powermadd handguards and i love them! They did cost a lot but there worth it, i had the Moose ones and they did the job, but i wanted the shields, because my hands were killing me from brush. I also bought the wrap around attachment for when i race H.S.