Sign in to follow this  

chest protector with a pack?

hey all, i'm still in the equipement buying phase, and i was wondering if you guys could give some input: i still need to get a chest protector but there aren't really any stores to try stuff on near me (there is one within 2 hours of me and they only have one style). i've been riding with a pack so far and will most likely continue to do so, are there any chest protectors that don't work well with packs? are there any that do? is it even an issue?

I wear an Acerbis Zoom (replaced by a new model) with a Camelbak Blowfish (replaced by the MULE) over it. Works great! (Darn I'm getting old. I hope I don't get replaced.)

If your pack has a chest strap it should work well.

ha, I have the same set up. I was thinking about getting a mule so I had more room for helmet cam though

Fox protector , the fit is good ,because they have different ones depending on your weight,s,m,l,xl.

I have a 661 that works great w/ the pack... i even sliped on my back with it, and nothing happened to the pack. Also, I ride with the pack under the chest protector, as it protects the pack, and applies a bit of pressure on it, so it's easier to drink.

Get a Zacspeed setup. Check it out in the product reviews area, I highly recommend it.