I got one!

I picke dup a 2005 tc250 a couple days ago. <3658 shipped to my door. I used to own a yz250f and now own a 2003 ktm 250sx. I cant get comfortable on the ktm and decided to go back to the 125 class even though I really love the power the ktm has to clear any jump in its way. I was very comfortable on the yz and my corner speed showed it. Now on the ktm I cant go through a corner to save my life. I think it is mostly the suspension and probably could be solved easily. However my dad hates the bike becasue I have wrecked a few times on it that he thinks wouldnt have happened on a 250f. So here I am back on a 250f. Anyway what I came here to ask is what should I do to the husky? I race mx and thats pretty much all it will be used for. For now beacuase I have no money I am interested in smaller mods just to make it more suited to me. I bought an hour meter and I was thinking about getting a jetting kit. Is it worth it on the husky? I had one on my yz250f and it definitly helped. Anything else you guys can suggest? Also Fast by Ferracci is about an hour away from me. Should I just go visit that place and see what they have. Would they have the jetting kit you think? It seems like it would be a cool place to visit anyway. Any suggestions on break in and whatnot for the bike. I will have the bike on wed or thurs and I have a race that sunday. So let me know what you think i should do. I am probably going to visit the Ferracci place this weekend and see what they have. Maybe pick up a couple things.

Any suggestions and tips on what to look out for would be awesome.

Matt.

Congrats on the new TC250!

A Power Now valve or other carb splitting vane, has a great effect on both low end responce and starting.

For pure MX the 05 cam only with a E-starter. You may want to fit a kick start kit and can lose 9lbs removing the E-start (but the E-start is a thing of beauty, for quick starts) .

I think you could save a bit of money an jet the bike yourself. As stock they are pretty good. But fit the carb vane before you start playing with the jetting, as it will make your pilot and mixture screw setting richer.

Next suspension!

Have a great time

William

Santa Cruz, Ca

matt, congrats on the bike. anyway, I'm the guy that has the TM and talked to you before. I too came off a yz250f and got the tc. I'm about 185 lbs and here's my opinion so far...first, get the JD jet kit, made a big difference off the bottom and middle, best mod per $ you can make and easy to install. by the time you sort the jetting, you'll be totally frustrated. the bike starts right away, hot or cold and has excellent throttle response (now). then, get a larger rear sprocket, i went to 50 but a 51 would probably be better. the TC just doesn't make as much hp as the jap bikes stock so this helps. next up for me are three things: suspension, exhaust and programmable ignition ($400..ouch). I ride at Rausch and all the tracks in central PA and the suspension seemed good but a tad soft for big hits (my lard butt maybe?). but then I rode a superx track in NC and came up short on an 75' double and the bike launched me big time...have a fractured pelvis to show for it. I've come up short on jumps before but never got launched like this and separated from the bike. To me, the suspension was too soft for my weight (I let the settings stock, just checked sag). Anyway, that's why it's next. overall, love the bike, I'm 46 and have no problem keeping up with riders of my skill level. I'm very happy with the bike so far. valves are easy to check and adjust too. I've been dealing with toy tech in harrisburg and it's a great shop...Husky is all they do.

PM me with any other questions. I'll be interested in seeing how you do when you race. we race the MDRA series and have yet to see a husky four stroke race. we're used to being the only TM too!

PS the hot start button really works (unlike my yz). pull it out, no throttle and hit the happy button!

matt,

bum gouge in my post above. i believe the stock sprocket is 50T, I went with a 52T for better oomph off the bottom. once I get the right exhaust and programmable ignition and jetting right, may change it back. but for now...good to go.

• 1 month later...

check out CRD and LeoVinci for a silencer, both help the low end. I have a Doma silencer that made a BIG difference but is very loud-moto only. The stock silencers can also be modded to increase the power by removing the fine mesh screen under the packing and re-assembling.

The fork is the weakest link here. Ferracci can certainly help the fork, they have for me. I have also heard really good things about RG3, though I've never ridden their mods. IMO a fork spring/revalve is the single most important mod on any of the 45mm shiver forked bikes used for MX, as well as proper jetting.