CR85 Fork Mod. Completed!!!

Just finished installing the 2006 Honda CR85 forks on my CRF150 last night and they feel awesome! ? I am using the stock CRF150 wheel, not the 85. So I got all the Reger parts that I needed. I am currently running the .44kg springs, and they seem great, so im hoping I won't need to do any revalving to them.

Now its time to do something to the rear. I am still running the stock shock with stock spring. I'll be picking me up one of them Work Shocks very soon!

I can't wait to ride it tonight and feel the forks out. I will give the review on how the forks worked for me.

Anyways, here's a couple of pics of my bike with the new CR forks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/dirttrackin280h/mike469.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/dirttrackin280h/mike470.jpg

Congrats,I did the reger kit as well and I'm running .44 springs. I have bottem it a couple of times, but it a night/day from stock. In the directions it says to mount the legs flush with the riser and it looks like you did. I found that I had to raise the forks 1/2" to get the steering geomerty back to where it was. Bring tools with you on the first ride. If you look in my garage you can see where mine are.

Sweet, I love the graphics, and the # plate back grounds. Do you like this better than your ttr? I know the ttr doesn't have the works shock, but they both have fork conversions. What kind of bore kits do you have on them. Thanks

Yes, I like this bike better than the TTR. Fits my height and style. The CRF just feels more like a bigger bike. The TTR has the BBR 150 big bore kit with 26mm Carb, and the CRF has just a Web Camshaft 40/402 cam in it. I will be soon getting Coeshow's 188 kit and a different cam grind for the CRF.

Congrats,I did the reger kit as well and I'm running .44 springs. I have bottem it a couple of times, but it a night/day from stock. In the directions it says to mount the legs flush with the riser and it looks like you did. I found that I had to raise the forks 1/2" to get the steering geomerty back to where it was. Bring tools with you on the first ride. If you look in my garage you can see where mine are.

I have my forks up to where yours are. About a 1/2". I don't have them flush on the top of the triple clamp. Yes, I will be bringing tools tonight. Thanks!

By the way, your bike looks very nice!! I have a buddy with the same EO 225 big bore kit as you, and it rocks!

After checking out your garage I see you probally don't need my advise. You have quite a collection ?

I do need some advice actually. What is the torque spec on the front axle? Also, what fork oil weight are you running? I'm running 5wt, im not sure if I will need to change it or not. Thanks

The front axle nut is 46 lbf-ft. As for the oil, I'm not sure as I bought the complet kit from reger and when I changed my springs I made sure to let all the oil drip back in the forks. So what ever stock is, is most likely whats in mine. I would like to know though. I haven't had enough time to play around with the settings to see if I can get them where they don't bottem.

im running .38 springs i believe and i'm running 10 weight oil because i read where toneconsultant said that w/ 5 wt. he blew through the travel

Hillclimben Fool,

Where'd you get the .38 springs and how much do you weigh? I have a pair of 85 forks on my GFs crf150. She weighs about 120 lbs and I calculated she would need a .38, but I can't find anyone with that rate of springs for a 85 fork.

Thanks,

Scott

Hillclimben Fool,

Where'd you get the .38 springs and how much do you weigh? I have a pair of 85 forks on my GFs crf150. She weighs about 120 lbs and I calculated she would need a .38, but I can't find anyone with that rate of springs for a 85 fork.

Thanks,

Scott

www.cannonracecraft.com should have them or www.racetech.com

here is mine with new forks on. i'm waiting on my springs from cannon and will be putting the 85 shock on this week.

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=24293

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=24292

Looking good. I see your in 4th in the points! That is a tuff class!

Let me know when you get the rear 85 shock on. I wonder if it will raise the back any? Is the 85 shock taller than the stock 150? I herd it was a good idea before doing it, if the shock is bigger you should take the seat of and put a level to the frame to get a reference point. That way you can raise the front to get back to that point.

I want to raise mine when my works shock comes in. I have bottem the foot pegs quite a few times. I have taken my bike apart already, so I guess I'm going to put it back together to a reference point. PS use the same spot(place in the garage) to check that you got to get a reference.

yea... i have to have the seat off to put on the shock anyway. i'm not sure ... but i think the 85 is a lil longer. i'll find out mid week when those springs get here.

you see the boy sitting in 3rd in his class. ?

can anyone tell me how to change the front forks on a xr100,can i take forks off of a cr85 put on it?does anyone know where i can buy a kit to make the change.

I know that engines only (xr100.com) does a re-valve for them. I thought I read where someone took the shocks off of a 150 and modded them for a xr100. Might try a search.

surferx

"yea... i have to have the seat off to put on the shock anyway. I'm not sure ... but i think the 85 is a lil longer. i'll find out mid week when those springs get here.

you see the boy sitting in 3rd in his class."

your boy is standing pretty too. I just know that the riding characteristics are they way I like it and don't want them to change. You know, you rode my bike before I got it dialed back in. I'm just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them. It may be that since the direction say mount the trees flush they assume you also have an 85 shock in the rear?