Sign in to follow this  

Shipping advice...

Any advice on how to package and ship two rims with tires mounted? Would you use UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.?

Best thing is to wrap them real good in shrink wrap, that will keep spacers ect... from getting lost, label adheres real good also.

If you know someone that ships ups at a business and you could pay them, thats your best bet, because they have an account they get better rates!

Chuck-shipper extrodinare :thumbsup:

I have sold a bunch of wheels on ebay. The best thing for the wheel is a box and nice wrapping with foam big $$$$.

But the cheapier way that seems to work is to Zip tie the spacers (use a couple) to the spokes. Take it down to Fed ex and they will take them loose. No box. If you wrapped it in plastic that would be good too.

SO far I have found fed-ex to be the best for that but if you box it UPS is cheaper. There customer service sucks compaired to FEd-ex if it gets lost or broken. That just my experiance with them.

If you can get away with taking the tire off you can save some money but not as much as a new tire.

wrap them in plastic and fill a box with great stuff foam drop the plastic in the foam. Works really well and you get the satisfaction of knowing the guy on the other end has a hell of a time getting the wheels out of the foam :thumbsup:

At the TT Store we.... Put them in a big box with lots of bubble wrap/packing so they don't get scratched and send them FED EX.

wrap them in plastic and fill a box with great stuff foam drop the plastic in the foam. Works really well and you get the satisfaction of knowing the guy on the other end has a hell of a time getting the wheels out of the foam :thumbsup:

thats funny

better than foam peanuts I hate those things