Sign in to follow this  

Parts questions

i am planing a top end doing it myself, does anyone recemend a brand of valves and spring sets? better then OeM but reseanably priced as well?

i looked at kibblewhites but they look expensive, unless they are all that much?

will be my first time so i want to make sure i get this right. what other parts am i going to be replacing other then valve and springs for a top end? any recemended brands?

i need to buy a new *left*clutch lever, and *right*front brake lever. can someone help me out with the right side lever because i only see the left one on motosport.

as far as jetting... what is the difference between part # 1007-0064 and 1007-0023 for the fmf jet kits.

As far as Replacing your valves and springs, I replaced my stock ones with a set from Faction Mx...I went with a set of the steel valves. I haven't had any problems and they def last longer. If you go steel def upgrade your springs cause it is a little heavier than ti.. www.factionmx.com :thumbsup:

get a good piston and all the gaskets. the biggest thing is to just make sure you take your time.

thnx for recemendation on valve/ springs, and i will look for a piston kit.

i am unfamiliar with a good brand for a piston i will search for recemended ones on the forms, anyone have any recemendations.

so its pretty much just a piston kit and valves and springs. i read in detail the service manual i feel alot more confertable now then before reading it.

still about both levers, i only see the left lever to buy not the right one. am i missing something? and as far as i can see they are not interchangable

and about the jetting kit?

what is the difference between part # 1007-0064 and 1007-0023 for the fmf jet kits.

i am going to need the kit for duck creek in a few weeks :ride: higher elevation then las vegas so im definitly going to need to rejet. which one should i be getting? :thumbsup:

i bought a bolt on 06 head, web cam and je 13.5 piston from ron hamp.

i cant wait to get it goin. probaly wednessday. simple bolt on

just go slow follow the pictures relax and have fun.

i hear that the JD jetting kit is by far better than the FMF one.

as far as pistons go, JE, CP, and Wiseco are the best you can get. stock is pretty good too. the 3 i mentioned come in high compression though so that might be something you want to look into. Ferrea valves are very very good.

i bought a bolt on 06 head, web cam and je 13.5 piston from ron hamp.

i cant wait to get it goin. probaly wednessday. simple bolt on

just go slow follow the pictures relax and have fun.

im going with Ron Hamp valves and springs, genna give him a call tomarrow