motosport.com vs rockymountainmc

i have heard many bad things about motosport.com, but i have made atleast 10 orders from them without any trouble. They always ship the same day or the second day and they use fedex 2 day. Now Rockymtmc is a diff. story after having backeordered parts expecting to arrive 2 days later, i call them to see if they are in. They arent. They wont ship the parts they have w/o charging me extra for shipping. A week later- parts arent in- wont ship parts w/o charging extra. 2 weeks later- parts arent in - same as week b4. 3 weeks later- parts arent in, refuse to ship remaining parts without charging me and extrea 13 dollars in shipping. I cancelled my order and ordered from motosport.com and i had my parts in less than a week, and my 200 dollar order came out about 20 dollars cheaper.

I can see holding the order if the parts on backorder are going to be in fairly soon, but 3-4 weeks is bogus. Our standard policy is if the part on backorder is expected to take longer than a week to arrive, ship the parts that are ready and the backorder when it comes in at no additional charge.

No vendor wants to pay for two shipping charges for an order when margins are pretty thin to be competitive, but at the same time, holding up an entire order for weeks and weeks, IMHO isn't a good policy. It's not like you're in Japan or something, where the cost of shipping would kill the margin on the entire order. Oh well. RM's loss was MSO's gain...

I normally use motosport, rockymountain, and motoworldracing. I highly recommend not using Chapparel. Worst ppl to work with on the phone, and ive heard tons of problems with them, and have experienced one for myself. 4 and a half weeks to get a pair of tires to my door. I dont recall any problems with the others tho..

i have heard many bad things about motosport.com, but i have made atleast 10 orders from them without any trouble. They always ship the same day or the second day and they use fedex 2 day.

Same here. I have ordered from Motosport at least 20 times and no problems. I always get my stuff (even when shipped multiple packages) at the same time, and with no damage. I have had such good luck with them that I won't even try Rocky Mountain...even though I know they are too reputable. You just can't beat FREE FedEx 2-day shipping.

Doug

Never had any problems with rockymoutain,but i've had problems with motosport two times out of about twenty or so and they said it was only cause they were moving. But they sold me a clarke tank for a xr 600 swearing up and down it was for a xr 650l (and it wasnt) it took a while to get my money back from them and it cost me to ship it back to portland.And the other time it took them over a month to get me blue excel's for my yz. So i dont buy from them any longer.

I'll buy from either of the two copmpanies mentioned. I'll also buy from TT or my local dealer if they're within reason, but under no circumstances will I EVER buy from Chaparral. I used to stop in there a few times a year when I lived in Cal and I've never seen such horrible service in person or on the phone.

Motosports did open a new warehouse just outside of Portland, so they weren't blowing smoke when they were telling people that. And I cant imagine it was an easy move....

That is wierd that they are charging you to split the order. I have about $400 worth of merchandise on order from RM, and the clark tank and skid plate I bought are backordered, I received an e-mail telling me to call them if i wanted them to split the order, they did free of charge.

I just checked my e-mail to find the internet sales number for you, but I deleted it. Sorry.

Maybe you didn't order enough merch for them to justify splitting the order for you free of charge.

I've used both. I mainly shop price & availablilty. You can't beat the free 2 day fed-ex deal they have. I've had no problems with either one. I've found that if one is back ordered, the other has it. i DO like the fact that Motosport has OEM stuff though. If they don't have my OEM parts in stock, I make a stop to the dealer. It's all good... ?

I also like to use crfsonly.com

I received an e-mail telling me to call them if i wanted them to split the order, they did free of charge.

Motoworld racing also split my order free of charge, from items that were on backorder. I wasnt sure if i needed my parts soon, so i hastily cancelled the order on the backordered items. I decided on wanting them anyway, since when i called the day after i cancelled the order, the woman on the phone told me that they would be recieving the backordered items in a day or 2. She re-ordered the items right on the phone. They ended up shipping the day after the in-stock items did. Great service, and really nice people to talk to. Shipping is also pretty quick for regular UPS ground shipping.