Sign in to follow this  

Pac NW off road series, Is it possible???

Well the idea has been floated to the OMRA and the NMA regarding the building of our future for off road events.

My hope is that if your are willing to get involved, check out the OMRA site racing forums topic at

PAC NW primer

It is my hope that we can build a brighter off road racing future while maintaining the integrity and individuality of both the OMRA and the NMA

Many thanks for your time and I value your input....

This is a bump for both NMA and OMRA riders. Input is needed if we want test events or a schedule to work out for 07'. Please get involved and provide input, ideas, potential conflicts, support, etc if you have any.

The more input that is given up front, the more problems and issues can be avoided.

Any of you race promoters/event organizers your input is also extremely valued....

Saw your post on the omra page earlier, but can't find it now.

Probably a tough one to pull together in terms of time and energy, but if it were done, what a great fun deal. There is some great riding up N and the clubs seem really organized. If it worked, this would end up eclipsing some of the soCal series.

Bad news is if it worked too well, everyone would move here to go riding.

"...There is some great riding up N and the clubs seem really organized. If it worked, this would end up eclipsing some of the soCal series..."

I happen to agree with you. I really think the development of a Pac NW series would contend with some of the best off road racing series in the nation given some time. We have the terrain, venues, and sanctioning bodies/event organizer skills present in the NMA/OMRA to make a truely unique series.

The side benefit to development, is that both the OMRA/NMA will maintain their unique organization and become stronger and more diverse at the same time (if done properly).

It would be great to have an FIM-enduro format series to race. Neither state can pull it off by itself. The only downside is travel costs (~$100 for me to go to portland and back). This might be a great time to make it happen, since the AMA is changing the national enduro series.