Sign in to follow this  

Is the Rekluse clutch worth it???

I've been reading about the Rekluse clutch and was curious if the product is worth it??? I guess something about a centrifugal clutch on a motorcycle is kinda 1980's Honda ATC'ish to me... :thumbsup:

Is it all it's cracked up to be?

Thanks!

Jered

I have one installed by the guys at Rekluse, it works awesome. The way mine is setup I can still use my clutch lever if I want, but after a while you just get used to not using it.

I won't give mine up. Depends a lot on the terrain you ride. Slick, muddy, rocky, roots, steep trails are where it excells. Sand and open desert type riding I don't think there is much if any advantage.

I won't give mine up. Depends a lot on the terrain you ride. Slick, muddy, rocky, roots, steep trails are where it excells. Sand and open desert type riding I don't think there is much if any advantage.

I live in the Rockies and ride a lot of BLM forest land with TONS of rocks. I've recently begun reading about the Rekluse after seeing in the TT store and it blew my mind that an aftermarket centrifugal clutch exists.

So just turn the throttle and go huh? Weird...

Tell us more what type of rider you are and what terrain you plan to ride.

Tell us also what type of oil you are using now.

Noppy

I love mine, best money I spent on the bike. The nastier the conditions, the more you'll appreciate it.

The guys I've talked to that don't like it have this one issue with it: When you lock up the back wheel sliding into a turn, it can disconnect the clutch, and there is a slight delay or bump while it re-engages on acceleration out of the corner. It's not as consistent as a standard clutch for that riding/racing style. Many racers like it, so it's a personal "feel" issue. If you don't lock your back wheel into every corner, you won't have a problem. And the trails will hold up better too.

It's all it's cracked up to be for me, and then some. :thumbsup:

I live in the Rockies and ride a lot of BLM forest land with TONS of rocks. I've recently begun reading about the Rekluse after seeing in the TT store and it blew my mind that an aftermarket centrifugal clutch exists.

So just turn the throttle and go huh? Weird...

Pretty much :thumbsup:

Even better, nasty hills can be attacked with full concentration on line and not a concern about stalling the bike :ride:

However, nasty hill climbs which you just couldn't make are a PITA.

Normally your bike is stalled in gear, but now the clutch will allow it to run backwards!

Noppy

Yeah but at least I have a longer and usually nastier ride down :ride:

Then I turn around and try it at least one more time :thumbsup: