Sign in to follow this  

rk o ring chain???

Yes they do and it's avail at Dennis Kirk (if you want it fast) or Motosport.com and also Rockymountainatv.com

do they honestly rob the bike of power? will i notice it on a 250f?

Versus a like-new non-oring chain, yes they do have more friction from the o-rings as the chain articulates against itself. You might see the difference on a dyno. You won't ever feel the difference unless you have superhuman senses.

X-ring chains generally have less friction than o-ring chains (plus they seal better). IMO, the ultimate low friction x-ring chain is the DID ERV3 (or the now discontinued ERV2) but they aren't cheap.

Don't worry about loosing rear wheel power with an o/x ringed chain. Unless you're a pro level racer or something, the difference in longevity and easier maintanence offered by a ringed chain is worth it, IMO.

im gonna get an rk xring chain for 89.99 then thanks, about how long do they last? non oring chains last me about a month

im gonna get an rk xring chain for 89.99 then thanks, about how long do they last? non oring chains last me about a month

I have the RK gold oring chain and it dont feel any differant than it was before, it also looks dang sweet!!!!!!! check my garage!!