Sign in to follow this  

need help fast

My brother just recently bought my 04 crf 150 from me and he came back to me telling me that hte kickstarter arm had been kicking out on him and i told him i didnt see how and i asked him how and that he might have just caught it on his boot. but he told me he had his boot up against it and holding it in and when it did it. it kicked his boot off the peg. and it made that griding noise which you hear when you hold it down while the engine is running. Also another problem he went riding the other day and he didnt come back for a while and my dad went to go check on him and he found him pushing the bike home. he said the bike ran like it was taking off in 4th gear. and i saw the bike smoking every once in awhile back while we were riding together. and its been getting extrememly easy to kickstart there is no effort to it.. theres nothing holding it back like it has very low or no compression to it. then when they got it back to the house they were tryin to start it again. they lassoed it with a rope and pull started it with teh 4 wheeler while they were doing this i heard a metalic clicking noise but wasnt close enought to see hear where it was coming from. and it did start a couple of times but it immeadiatly died afterwards. when they came back i told them i thought the valves were probbly too tight and we pulled it in and we check the oil and there wasnt any on the dip stick and then we went to change it and only enough oil came out to fill up our drain pan which is a old plastic gallon ice cream jugs the ones with the handle and we put fresh new oil in it and tried to restart it and i kicked it a few times and it was turning over and you could hear exhaust coming out from behind but it just wouldnt start and it kicked so easy like there was nothing holding it back.. so it isnt seized up or anything is it the rings and possibly the valves?? the only engine servicing it has got was oil change every month or so. it hasnt been serviced (valves adjusted, piston rings, cam, etc.) since i bought it new from the dealer which was a year ago. any help would be appreciated. will we be able to save it or does it sound blown???

the only sevice that ive had done to mine is a valve timing adj.

but it sounds like its more than just that...

im srry man that sucks

...and we check the oil and there wasnt any on the dip stick...

There's your sign!

You should check the oil prior to starting the bike. EVERY TIME you start it. If it's got 10 miles on it, or 100 miles on it, check the oil before starting the engine. Also, CHANGE the oil every third tankful of gas. It's all in the owners guide, read it.

Your engine is toast. It will be anywhere from $300 to $1000 to repair, depending on what it looks like inside. I have a NEW China replacement engine I'd sell you for $500 shipped, or sell me your bike?

PM me.

pull the engine apart and see if the dogs or gears teeth are worn. most likely a tranny problem... diy

There's your sign!

You should check the oil prior to starting the bike. EVERY TIME you start it. If it's got 10 miles on it, or 100 miles on it, check the oil before starting the engine. Also, CHANGE the oil every third tankful of gas. It's all in the owners guide, read it.

Your engine is toast. It will be anywhere from $300 to $1000 to repair, depending on what it looks like inside. I have a NEW China replacement engine I'd sell you for $500 shipped, or sell me your bike?

PM me.

its my bros bike as you can see on my signature... and he would sell it to you for $66,000.00.. p.s. you should check the oil EVERY TIME before you go riding or start it..... :thumbsup:

p.s. you should check the oil EVERY TIME before you go riding or start it....

I do check and change the oil in my bikes regularly. That's why I have a 32 year old 350 Honda that has NEVER had ANY internal work done to the engine. I can make a bike last 32 years to your 2 years. That should tell you somethng.

I gave you some friendly advice, if you didn't want any, why did you come to this forum?