Sign in to follow this  

Racerx on Kessler

Yeah thats cool. I first learned about Mk from his suspension when a freind of mine used to race and Raceway park. I learned more about him later on. Now that I am back in NJ and I need some service work done on my rear shock I am going to drop it off to him over the winter months when I am doing some rebuilds :thumbsup:

Very cool to see that, thx for the link. Mickey is a great guy. He recently helped me out with some custom work on my mini. Might be taking the big bike down for a revalve soon enough as well. Cool to see some local boys getting what they deserve.

Good guy. He's helped me out before on my bike. Im definately getting my suspension worked.

yea i had micky do my suspension, im pretty satisfied and its holding up great

chev, winter is the time to bring it to KPS..since he does alot of business his turn around isnt that fast and i knew this when i bought my stuff to him, its to damn cold to ride in feb so i didnt mind the wait. his shop was full of bikes too..

Dammit, I wish my scanner was working! I've got so many pics of MK at Englishtown from the late '70's to early '80's. I even have the "lynched Kessler" pic that was famous back then when E Town put a bounty on his head. They hung a fullsized mockup of him from the starting area poll, complete with jersey. They were paying (IIRC) something like $500 EXTRA to the first person to beat him. Lord knows if they ever had to make good on it.

I also has some incerdible skyshots of him coming off gravity cavity at Unadilla back in the early 80's. Damn he sure could jump! The crowd used to go nuts when he shot out of the "cavity".

Yea it was great to see NJs' finest get some credit. But they left out a lot of his early racing. He had a Factory Kawasaki 125 ride the year he was National #16. He then rode a very fast Factory Montesa and was National #18. He was scary fast, I considered it a good day if Mickey didn't lap me. :thumbsup:

Mk has been tunning my race suspension since 2000 and I have always been totally satisfied with his quality of work and knowledge. The work he did on my CRF's was absolutely fantastic. He has a gift when it comes to Honda suspension.