Sign in to follow this  

what area has more kid/beginner trails stonyford or forest hill?

We live near sacramento. I want to take the kids 7 to 12 years old trail riding. I've heard of Forest hill and Stonyford. Which would be better to take the kids? We currently do all the tracks and Prarie city. Now we're looking for trail riding in the sacramento area. How about something that looks like the trails on the Honda commercial? Thanks.

We live near sacramento. I want to take the kids 7 to 12 years old trail riding. I've heard of Forest hill and Stonyford. Which would be better to take the kids? We currently do all the tracks and Prarie city. Now we're looking for trail riding in the sacramento area. How about something that looks like the trails on the Honda commercial? Thanks.

Sent you a PM, if you need a Trail Map of Gold Note PM me your E-Mail and I will get it to you. :thumbsup:

Have not been to Gold Note. What about that makes it better for beginners than FH?

Edit - ok - so how many trees in the area (shade), more like FH with trees or some parts of Stony (no trees/open). It can get hot out.

Trails are very beginner friendly, less rocks, but enough obsticles to keep up the learning curve, also the trails have 1/2 way turn offs so you can shorten the loops if needed...

Thanks guys, I never heard of gold note. From one of the posts it sounds like Forest hill has lots of trees (shade) along the trail and Stoneyford is more bare? Is this correct?

IMHO - There are vast sections of Stony (like Davis flat) that have little shade compared to FH. There are trees at higher elevations - Letts lake. Stony is huge, you have lots of different terrain.

I would still like to know how Gold Note is regarding shade.

edit - FH may be closer to you, at least it is quicker for us to get FH than Stony (sf bay area). Don't know about gold note.

Anybody know the same for Socal?

Cal city is good for beginners. It is wide open and hardly anyone there unless it is on a holiday weekend. I take my nephews there are the time 9 and 11 and they absolutely love it and like I said easy desert trails.

forest hill has nice fireroads.... i started there...wife started there....no kids tho. However, it has something for everyone. :thumbsup:

Sure it is. M5 is awesome.

M5 is an accident waiting to happen. I have called life flight because some jackasses were riding full bore three abreast and took out a dad showing his boy around. Do anyrhing and everything to stay off M5. Take the trails.

I do hear sarcasm in you voice, so here is my retort

That littleloop around the $hitter at Davis Flats is cool too :thumbsup:

M5 is an accident waiting to happen. I have called life flight because some jackasses were riding full bore three abreast and took out a dad showing his boy around. Do anyrhing and everything to stay off M5. Take the trails.

I do hear sarcasm in you voice, so here is my retort

That littleloop around the $hitter at Davis Flats is cool too :thumbsup:

Wasn't sarcasm but we've never had a problem there. But then you've probably been there a lot more than us and on days when it was a lot busier.

Course we were there even on a race weekend and still didn't have any problems so.....

Forest Hill is a great place to introduce your kids to trail riding. I taught my son at P.C. and then took him to Forest Hill for his first real trail ride. It's his favorite place now. Plenty of easy trails to learn on and more moderate to hard trails to ride as their skills progress. My son and I may be riding there this Saturday(Aug. 5th). I ride a CRF250X and my son Jacob, he's 11, rides an DRZ110. I've been riding there for years and know it well. We'd be happy to meet you there and show you the trails. Let me know if you can make it and we'll work out the details. Kevin

I agree Forest Hill is a great place for the kids..... :thumbsup:

Forest Hill is a great place to introduce your kids to trail riding. I taught my son at P.C. and then took him to Forest Hill for his first real trail ride. It's his favorite place now. Plenty of easy trails to learn on and more moderate to hard trails to ride as their skills progress. My son and I may be riding there this Saturday(Aug. 5th). I ride a CRF250X and my son Jacob, he's 11, rides an DRZ110. I've been riding there for years and know it well. We'd be happy to meet you there and show you the trails. Let me know if you can make it and we'll work out the details. Kevin