Sign in to follow this  

Spy goggles any good??

what goggle's are better the "Spy alloy AF MX goggle" for $43 or the "Spy Alloy 05 pro series MX goggle" for $60?? :ride::thumbsup:

get the spy targa 2 goggles..theyre only like 32 bucks and theyre great.

anti fog lens

sweat absorbant foam

tear off posts

and they look great

i was thinking of buying those but i dont no the difference between the 3?? i need really good goggles and im buying them this week maybee tonight so i dont no what ones to buy??

I would stay away from the Targa's. They suck compared to the Alloy's. They fog up way to easy despite anti-fog lens, and they have little or no airflow. They are also constricting on the bridge of the nose making it a little bit harder to breathe. This is not only my experience but quite a few friends have tried the Targa's and hated them. The alloy on the other hand are my favorite goggle they are just expensive.

I have the alloys. They're an awesome set of goggles.

Yea me too. :thumbsup::ride::cry::ride:

Yea me too. :thumbsup::ride::cry::ride:

wich alloy the 43 doller ones or the 60?? i cant make up my mind!! :ride:

Spy Goggles are CHAMP!! I switched back in 2002 and haven't bought nothing but since!! Targa's average Magneto's To big & 80's looking Alloy's Now that's what I'm talkin about, great venting system,anti fog ( that actually works). Try the Persimmon lens, you'll love it for all type's of riding!!

wich alloy the 43 doller ones or the 60?? i cant make up my mind!! :thumbsup:

Performance wise they're identical.. Buy the one's you look at and think, " YEAH BABY"..

i recently bought a pair of the alloy pro series in yellow/black graffiti and they are sweet! i wore oakley's before, but the spy's are more comfortable, havent fogged as much, and look better. :thumbsup:

Performance wise they're identical.. Buy the one's you look at and think, " YEAH BABY"..

so is the $17 difference worth the money for them to look cool??

I've been wearing Spy Alloy Pros for a few years now. Been my fave anyway. I recently bought the Magneto. Love them! I wear glasses and they still fit great and have less fog up than the Alloy Pros.

Worth checking out. :thumbsup:

I got the Targa 2's in black for 19.99 from bob's cycle internet store, can't get any cheaper than that with spy.

I got the Targa 2's in black for 19.99 from bob's cycle internet store, can't get any cheaper than that with spy.

im going to get the alloys, are the tear offs any good?? do thay work/worth the money?? should i get the 10 pack or 20 or 50 pack? Thanks

depends on how you race...lol

if your behind the pack often you shoudl go with the 20 pack

if not then a 10 pack would be good.

im going to get the alloys, are the tear offs any good?? do thay work/worth the money?? should i get the 10 pack or 20 or 50 pack? Thanks
Even though the goggles come with lenses that have tear-off posts in them, they don't include the piece that goes on the goggle strap, AFAIK the only way to get that is to get the 10-pak of tearoffs that comes with the posts, after that get the 50 paks because they're the best value.

I've been using Spys for the last 3 or 4 years, I love the big, comfortable foam that they come with. I have the Magneto's now and love them..

I wear the Alloy SE McGrath replica and think its the best goggle out there! This is from a guy who has the Smith Pistons, Oakley Crowbar, and the Oakley O-Frame! It just sucks that around here none of the shops carry Spy anymore so i'm stuck buying tear-offs online. Oh well