Sign in to follow this  

best air filter

A stock filter seals the best, and with the CRF that far outweighs a filter that could potentially flow a "little" more.

I have ran nothing but stock filters for the last 4 years in my CRFs and wouldn't run anything else. If you compare the stock filter to any aftermarket filter you will see that the stock filter is better in many ways.

In my opinion the stock filter and Bel Ray filter oil is the best protection against getting dust & dirt in the engine.

Even if you remove the backfire screen and run something like the Twin Air setup you are not going to feel any sort of improvment. There have been dyno tests to prove this.

I agree with everything NorCalRider said, except I prefer Maxima FFT over the BelRay oil because it's easier to work it evenly through the filter. Stick with OEM filters and good, petroleum-based filter oil for this bike, your valves will thank you.

Well my '03 CRF has had nothing other than stock filters.I used to use the Pro Honda bad for the environment oil 'til they stopped selling it.Now I use Bel-Ray oil.over 200 hours and still on the original stock intake valves.Oh and it gets cleaned and oiled every 2-3 hours unless I ride all day.I have two and cycle them.Always have a clean one in a bag ready to go in.