05 DRZ400 v. 93 XL650R--which to buy tomorrow?

Selling my Ducati Monster tomorrow morning and intend to get a dual-sport. Riding maybe 70% road (fun roads, 40-60 mph twisties, minimal hwy, about 50 miles per ride) and have the chance to buy like-new DRZ400 (05) for about $4400 or '93 XL650R with 4600 miles for about $2300. Any thoughts on which might be better for my Southeastern PA (Philly suburbs) riding?

I'm thinking DRZ would be better in dirt rides, but that extra 250cc would come in handy on road rides....

Thanks much-John (maybe I'm asking this in the wrong forum......) ?

I have had both. I now have the DRZ if that tells you anything.

Seriously, the DRZ will eat up a XR650L (Not XL650R), not to mention the DRZ has much better suspension, has a buttery smooth motor by comparison and every bit as much power -at least as far as acceleration is concerned. The DRZ will wheelie in 4th if you want it bad enough, the XR will not.

Now if you start talking about an XR650R, then that is another story and that bike gets the job done.

I've owned three 650L's (two '94's and a '03).

Off road handeling is way better on the Suzook.I used to think the L was better on the street.Till last weekend.I swapped out my gearing to 15 / 41. Now i can cruise at 65 with low rpms.

I know I'll buy another dual-sport some day, but I'll never buy another XR650L.