Sign in to follow this  

gripper seat???

my friend said he would sell me his 2005 yz85 gripper seat. the whole seat. i have a 2005 ttr125L will it fit on mine or should i not get it? or could i just use the gripper material

i dont think it would fit because the ttr125 seats are different than the yz85s. you could probably just take the grip lining off of the seat foam and then take off your seat lining and put the grip lining on your seat.

just find a cheap gripper seat cover on ebay and buy that. you can put pretty much any seat cover on the ttr because it will need less material to cover it, so the seat cover will have extra. true story.

Unless your TT125 seat is just plain rotten I wouldn't spend your hard earned cash on a gripper seat cover.

Enjoy your bike the way it is. Use it to become a better rider. Sooner then later you will want a bigger bike. Save your money for that. Forget about seat covers and graphics. That kind of stuff is just not well spent money.

If you keep riding you will be after 250F or a 125 smoker. Save your money for that purchase.

How much is your friend willing to sell you a seat that won't fit your bike for?

i thank you guys for the help i think i'll go ahead a get the seat hes sellin it to me for $10

thank you

Unless your TT125 seat is just plain rotten I wouldn't spend your hard earned cash on a gripper seat cover.

Agreed. Besides, I don't like grippers. I've rode KTM's, which have them, and when I went from standing to sitting, sometimes I would end up to far back, or to far up, and would need to slide, but I coudn't..

Here's an idea. Before you spend any cash try to put the seat on your bike. If it fits and you like it then go ahead and spend ten bucks and get it. If it doesn't fit then don't buy it. I agree that you need to be saving for a big bike unless you want to be riding with the little kids your whole life. Grippers aren't all that. I don't like a full gripper because it hinders the way you slide on the seat to shift your weight. McGrath never did run a gripper.