Sign in to follow this  

geting a 85!!

hello iam going to be getting a 06 kx 85 new soon and iam gonna race it in the beginer class. is there anything i should know bout this bike besides i gotta rebuild it after a certain amount of hours and mixing gas?

just take it easy when you first get it. its nothin like a ttr125. id get as much practice as you can this year and race next year cuz theres only like three months left in the season ya know? haha we'll take you to the track every weekend dont worry.

Yes, the powerband will be very different. Take it easy. Keep the air filter clean and fresh oil (5 hours or so). You should be fine. Trust me, if this is your first 2 stroke, and first time being on a track, i dont think you will be able to race. Not to be mean, but it is harder than it looks, and takes practice. Most importantly, have fun (on a 2 smoke). :thumbsup:

i got a 100 and i suggest u get a 100 to but thats my opinion, cause itw got more power but its not much taller

hello iam going to be getting a 06 kx 85 new soon and iam gonna race it in the beginer class. is there anything i should know bout this bike besides i gotta rebuild it after a certain amount of hours and mixing gas?

You are going to be on a whole different class of bike. I strongly suggest practice with your new bike for about a month FIRST, before you get it out on the track. I also highly recommend you go to a local MX race just to watch and learn (If you have never been to a race) how everything is done. There is a lot to know. Lastly I can never stress enough..... KEEP YOUR AIR FILTER CLEAN AND MAINTAINED!!!! This is by far #1 reason engines blow, from sucking dirt through a dirty air filter. Keep your bike clean, and lubed for each race, check it over visually for loose bolts, and broken/bent things, and you are good to race.

Trust me, if this is your first 2 stroke, and first time being on a track, i dont think you will be able to race. Not to be mean, but it is harder than it looks, and takes practice:thumbsup:

thats what i tried telling him..he thinks hes gonna do alright. :thumbsup:

What makes you think the 100 has more power? More torque sure, but with the right spark plug and dual stage reeds, itll be a very very similar powerband, with the 85 maybe even better.

Good luck kid, ill be in your shoes in a few weeks. Yippee for us!

-Ryan

What organization are you joining? Since you're in CT, your choices include NETRA, NEMA, NESC, WINCESTER, NEMX, etc. I do netra and nema. Racing is a lot harder than you think, i learned that at my first race...

Yes, the powerband will be very different. Take it easy. Keep the air filter clean and fresh oil (5 hours or so). You should be fine. Trust me, if this is your first 2 stroke, and first time being on a track, i dont think you will be able to race. Not to be mean, but it is harder than it looks, and takes practice. Most importantly, have fun (on a 2 smoke). :ride:

Racing is not hard. Racing and being competitive is the hard part. But they are right. Unless you have already been in the race, get some seat time before you decide to race. Try to befriend someone in the class you want to race and ride with him to get an idea of how you stack up. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't know how racing works. Rules, the program and such.

The 100 is a nice bike but, uh hello, not legal for the 85 beginner class. So that is not very good advise. If you get a 100 you will have to run supermini, school boy or the 125 class. That will put you out there with guys that have alot more racing experience and will be going much faster. 85 beginner is a very good place to start. And if you win a race that has more the 4 or 5 bikes in it, then don't be a sandbagger and go ahead and move up to the next class.