Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust

i just purchased an '06 drz400s and have been looking for a slip on aftermarket exhaust. any suggestions, particularly with respect to what i can bolt on without jetting the carb. i'm at 4,600' elevation.

Don't waste your money, if you want an aftermarket exhaust but a full system. All you are going to get with a slip on is more noise and a pound or two savings.

None will require rejetting if you are just swapping mufflers.

particularly with respect to what i can bolt on without jetting the carb.
If it doesn't change the jetting, then it's not changing the air flow through the engine. If it doesn't change the air flow, it also won't change the power by any significant amount.

what's your preference on header/mufflers?

I personally prefer muzzy but yosh in stainless is almost identical. Yosh in ti is another story altogether.

If it doesn't change the jetting, then it's not changing the air flow through the engine. If it doesn't change the air flow, it also won't change the power by any significant amount.

chokey gets the gold star! i should be running on the rich side as i'm at 4,600' elevation with an engine set up for sea level. adding a better flowing exhaust will increase air flow leaning it out and actually improving my situation. i'm not afraid to get in to the carb but if i can avoid it by going with an exhaust that is not too extreme that is what i want to do.

yosh has been recommended.

Engine set up for sea level by whom? Suzuki :thumbsup: This bike comes from the factory with epa mandated lean jetting.

www.staintune.com.au make a full system and in stainless steel so it will last the life of the bike.

Their prices are good too.

I've had 2 staintunes on different bikes and never had any problem.