Sign in to follow this  

Yz250f Gearing

Searching is disabled so...It seems like the tops of the gears on my bike could pull a little longer, but end up hitting the rev limiter. Like for example just before a turn ill hit the limiter, so what gearing would help me carry the gear for just a bit longer? thanks

Note: Gearing is the stock 13-48

Try different combos. A larger rear sprocket, 50t will give you more grunt but you will go through the gears quicker BUT it may put you into a higher gear at a lower rpm resulting in plenty of rpm's left for your situation and more grunt to get through it. A smaller rear sprocket wil result in being able to carry each gear further with a loss in grunt, kinda lathargic, but with more speed between gears and a higher top speed. From the posts here you will find most here go with a 50 rear and 13 front and it works great. Try going in both directions and see what works best for you.

OWENLO :thumbsup:

I just put a 51T on but I had to go get a new chain today so ill let you know how it works. Hopefully it will be wild. Nick

but end up hitting the rev limiter. Like for example just before a turn ill hit the limiter,

You missed a shift. The limiter is 1500+ rpm's past peak HP and torque, unless you've got some kind of aftermarket cam.

What works best for me is gearing it down and pulling a taller gear out of the corner and revving it till the next corner w/o the need to hit the rev limiter.

Im with oldnbold. I went with the 50 rear and use a gear higher in the corners and it pulls like a horse. Most of the time it will be trying to pull the front wheel off the ground coming out of the corners it has so much pull. Great setup in my opinoin.

OWENLO :thumbsup: