Sign in to follow this  

which ones are the best?????

in rebulding my 05 before i sell it and im wonder if i should get ti valves or stainless steel valves

and the piston i was looking at a wisco?

Yes wiseco is good I use them with no problems.Also if your selling why do you care what goes in.Just use stock it is the lowest cost.

Make sure you get one-piece valves, not the two-piece design from Kibblewhite. The advantage to titanium valves is that they are lighter and beat against the valve seat less thus increasing valve train life. The disadvantage is they are more expensive. If you can afford them, go titanium for sure. Pro Circuit makes some really good titanium valves for the CRF250R.

Doug

Yes wiseco is good I use them with no problems.Also if your selling why do you care what goes in.Just use stock it is the lowest cost.

Its nice to see some people sell on straight good quality bikes. I always like to have my bike top notch when selling and I like to get a top notch bike when buying. Anyone whoes bought my bikes have been delighted with em.

Its nice to see some people sell on straight good quality bikes. I always like to have my bike top notch when selling and I like to get a top notch bike when buying. Anyone whoes bought my bikes have been delighted with em.

same here but honda88 does have a point. he can just use stock stuff and save a lot of money and the buyer will still have an awsome bike.

If your buying a stock replacement part such as a same compression piston IMO stock is the best. An upgrade would be to get one piece titanium valves. I definetly disagree about the wiseco especially the big bore piston. I think it was kelstr who said that the piston has too big of a gap in the cylinder allowing it to move around and crack in half and he provided pics of the piston. Very next day my friends Ice Cube wiseco piston cracked in half after it sounded like it was rattling a little. There are other bad stories with wiseco.

If your buying a stock replacement part such as a same compression piston IMO stock is the best. An upgrade would be to get one piece titanium valves. I definetly disagree about the wiseco especially the big bore piston. I think it was kelstr who said that the piston has too big of a gap in the cylinder allowing it to move around and crack in half and he provided pics of the piston. Very next day my friends Ice Cube wiseco piston cracked in half after it sounded like it was rattling a little. There are other bad stories with wiseco.

the "big bore" pistons might suck but the Wiseco stock bore ones are awsome

I replaced my stock piston on my 04 after about 100 hrs. with a stock compression Wisco and now have at least 100 hrs on it with no problems. Hope that helps in the decision making.

By the way, my valves have stayed in spec all this time and just now I'm having starting troubles, time to replace them I guess. My brother has a 04 x and his went much quicker, I attribute it to his bouncing off the rev limiter much more than I do.

I replaced my valves last time with the Faction ones and have been very happy with them..

in rebulding my 05 before i sell it and im wonder if i should get ti valves or stainless steel valves

and the piston i was looking at a wisco?

who cares you are selling it

Yeah seriously, I actually just finished throwing in my new Wiseco Pro-Lite piston today. I had one in my 04 and it ran amazing.

I replaced my stock piston on my 04 after about 100 hrs. with a stock compression Wisco and now have at least 100 hrs on it with no problems. Hope that helps in the decision making.

By the way, my valves have stayed in spec all this time and just now I'm having starting troubles, time to replace them I guess. My brother has a 04 x and his went much quicker, I attribute it to his bouncing off the rev limiter much more than I do.

are you kidding me 100hrs how in the hell did u get a pistion to last 100hrs do you never get the bike out of 3rd gear

haha thats the post that made me figure u cant argue with these people. i figure they arent using the bike up anyways.