Sign in to follow this  

buying a used klx110/drz110

i am thinking of buying a used klx110/drz110 for my brother. is there anything to look out for when buying these bikes used? certain years have any problems? is there much difference between the newer years and the older years?

i heard the 02 klx and drz had some tranny problems but i never had one so couldnt tell you for sure, the last couple years the bikes have been mostly the same

not sure of the tranny issue, but most of the changes were refinements in the engine. '05 and newer bikes have a larger shifter shaft so keep this in mind if you plan to buy an extended shift lever. (they make 'em for all years, just 2 different styles depending on what year the bike you get is) the top ends are pretty much the same for all years 'cuz none of the aftermarket big-bore kits specify different years that i know of. i'm a 25yr old kid that has an '04. the only issues i've had is a bent front axle, and i had to add a rim lock to the rear wheel 'cuz i kept spinning the valve stems off of my tubes. (this was with a stock motor and just a michelin ms2 tire mounted.) all in all these are fairly bullet proof bikes and there aren't any common flaws that i am aware off, regardless of year.