Sign in to follow this  

Setting up a 06 CRF 450

As the title states. Want to know if I am doing this right. I am going to get 17s, catch can, SM front fender, some sort of brakes... want to be able to use them for moto and SM.. suggestions? Now I am buying another set of forks and lowering them down a inch or so..now would I need to get another shock? Reason being I just want to swap out the parts to go from moto to super fairly easy and still be competive.

Anything else I am fogetting?

ALSO need to know ASAP as I might be buying some wheels and hopefully someone can help.. can 05 wheels be put on a 06? I know they changed the hub design itself, but I was thinking it should still fit?

1st: you do not need to lower the suspension to get a good ride. Use the original one...at least you will keep proper peg clearance.

Wheels: Marchesini offers forged aluminum wheels, BST light Carbon ones, Alpina makes light spoked tubeless wheels...brakes are crucial, as are gearing.

Then use your money to buy the best tires. All else is fine as is.

All CRF wheels fit all years (ie 2002 Wheels will fit 2005 or 2006).

...brakes are crucial, as are gearing.

Then use your money to buy the best tires. All else is fine as is.

Would a regular MX oversize rotor kit do the job, or does one reaaally need to get those huge motard rotors?

What gearing is optimal...i know it depends on the course, but genrally speaking, does one go higher or lower gearing that stock??

For instance, the CRF450 comes with 13-48....i'm running mine at 13-50 for woods...would the typical mototard guy run higher/lower?