Sign in to follow this  

I'm farking spent. Great day at Kennedy meadows.

Had a great day up at Kennedy meadows for the first time. Put on 70 miles of the hardest stuff i've ridden (only been riding for a couple months in the desert...about 10 rides) There sure are the rocks up there! Rode with Jeff in RC off this board. Awesome technical single track. Kind of scary at times being on a 12" single track with a rock wall on one side and a 200 foot drop on the other. :ride: Just a little different then desert riding.. :cry: Had a great time and will definitely be back up there. :thumbsup: Kicked up a mother bear and two cubs and a deer too. Mother bear reared up on hind legs and licked her lips at Jeff. :ride::ride: He reved the bike and honked the horn and she decided his XR was a bit too noisy and hard to eat and took off.

Here's a link to some pics. I'll post a few more when Jeff gets back and emails me his.

http://www.pbase.com/duffer_6/inbox

Very nice. Hope to get up there soon myself. What trails did you ride? Did you happen to get a GPS track? Great pics.

Looks like fun. What was the weather like? I will be in KM in a few weeks.

Thats it. I gotta go there soon! Where did you stage at? Nice pictures :thumbsup::ride:

We staged at the Troy Meadows overflow and did a morning loop of Mahogany creek, Rattlesnake creek, Beach, albanita, and beach ridge trail back to Troy meadows. Had a bite to eat and then did Jackass, granite, monache 4 wheel drive trail to the meadows and crossed the river a couple areas, then back down the jeep trail to a bit of pavement (couple miles) to albanita and then back down beach ridge trail.

My old gps is on the fritz so no track. Thinking of getting a 60CSx...

When we hit the trail at 10:30 it was 83. A couple hours later a small thundershower went through and dropped the temps down 5-10 degrees. When we went out after lunch it was 78. Got back to Troy it was 68 at 7:30.

So? bottom line, how were the whoops?

Depends where you were. Some areas it was whooped others it wasn't

Thanks for the post and the pictures. :thumbsup: I like your bike too. :ride:

We will be heading back up in August sometime for one last ride of the season. I can't wait. :cry::ride::ride::crazy::ride::busted:

what's the weather like up there in september? trying to get a date

set for our first trip. can't wait :thumbsup: place looks great. looks

like dirt bike heaven to us down in dusty san diego. :ride:

Sounds great. I have never been up there. I will have to make the trip.

I'm working on a ride report and will have the pics to rrwantr tonight with a link to mine as well.

The temps were warm at 83 Friday and about the same Sat but was around 70 at bedtime Fri night. Was 60 Sat morning and was great.

Went for a killer 30 mile ride all the way down Rattlesnake with more water crossings than I could count! Took about 6 hours to do 30 miles!

More to come...

Is there a place for toy haulers to camp? Any rules and restrictions about driving them up there? You guys better be careful posting all those nice riding pics with green trees and cool weather. Us hot and sandy so californians might just start goin up there.

Is there a place for toy haulers to camp? Any rules and restrictions about driving them up there? You guys better be careful posting all those nice riding pics with green trees and cool weather. Us hot and sandy so californians might just start goin up there.

Steve has a 33' toy hauler and he had no problems going up or down other than engine temps climbing due to the grade. Troy Meadows Overflow has some HUGE spots where 10 or more rigs could park so you should not have a problem.

What's this about Californians, where do you think Ridgecrest is!! :ride: Man it was good to get out of the heat. :thumbsup:

see ya!

I meant Southern Californians, were all hot and sweaty down here and want to come and ride in your cool flowing meadows of Kennedy... :thumbsup:

To tell you the truth Im so tired of it being hot and gross out that those pictures really looked appealing. I could almost feel the cool breeze and fresh air. I live in the lower desert and am so sick of sand and tumbleweeds. Im really itching for a change of climate.

Thanks for your info on the toyhauler parking. Cant wait to go.

:ride:

I meant Southern Californians, were all hot and sweaty down here and want to come and ride in your cool flowing meadows of Kennedy... :thumbsup:

To tell you the truth Im so tired of it being hot and gross out that those pictures really looked appealing. I could almost feel the cool breeze and fresh air. I live in the lower desert and am so sick of sand and tumbleweeds. Im really itching for a change of climate.

Thanks for your info on the toyhauler parking. Cant wait to go.

:ride:

You haven't been to Ridgecrest have you.... sand and tumbleweeds...but we can be up to KM in no time... =)