Sign in to follow this  

400s rear footpeg help

okay, so i hear you all say that you have taken off your rear footpegs. yeah, i want them off too, but i can't find a dang store that sells the bracket so my exhaust won't fall off. the exhaust pipe is held on with the right side stock bracket. i'm going to be putting on a yosh rs3 system and do i even need that bracket? :thumbsup: can somebody point me in the right direction. please!

You'll have to search for what's called a "footpeg eliminator". The guy who used to sell them disappeared. Maybe someone else knows where you can get one.

Is this what you want?

http://www.tnrdesigns.com/index.htm

I think the Yosh exhaust system for the "S" uses the same factory mounting points.

I removed my rear pegs and modded the right pillion bracket by stripping it of all parts and cutting off the rear portion just behind the rubber insulator with a hacksaw and then nicely radiusing the corners.Then I repainted it to match and reassembled it onto the bike and it didn't cost a dime and has an OEM appearance.Just an idea.

If you don't plan on using the rear footpegs why not just cut the bracket and leave the rest with the hole for mounting the exhaust. Simple cheap fix.

Is this what you want?

http://www.tnrdesigns.com/index.htm

I think the Yosh exhaust system for the "S" uses the same factory mounting points.

I removed my rear pegs and modded the right pillion bracket by stripping it of all parts and cutting off the rear portion just behind the rubber insulator with a hacksaw and then nicely radiusing the corners.Then I repainted it to match and reassembled it onto the bike and it didn't cost a dime and has an OEM appearance.Just an idea.

This one by TNR will work just fine.... or you can make your own. It really is a simply bit of fab work if you have the time tools and a small hunk of material. At $25.. though a lot for what it is.. my time being limited these days......I'd buy it were I in need of that part. If your getting a new exhaust,,, get with fitments for an E.. You can get rid of the pegs,and bolt up the mid pipe with out using an adapter

If you are getting rid of the pegs, I'll buy them off of you and you will have the money back for the TNR part.

wow you guys are really helpful. i could fab one up or modify whats already there. but your right, at $25 is it really worth it? i'll see what the yosh exhaust needs and i'll adjust them from there. thanks for all of your help.

If you never carry a passenger, like me, just cut it off with a hacksaw and reweld it back together when you go to sell the bike.

That'll save you $25 right up front.

:thumbsup: