Sign in to follow this  

How to wheelie a two stroke??

:thumbsup: I'v always wanted to pull that biggest wheelie and impress my friends. I have a Kawi KDX 200 and the power band on this sucker makes it hard to pull a long wheelie. Dose anyone have any tip or pointer that could help me????

My dads friend told me that their was tips and videos on this site on how to pull a big wheelie. If anyone can send me that it would be greatly appreciated :ride:

lol thanks guys

happy trails :cry:

yea i find it hard to weelie on my kx80 bcuz of the power band....on my bros 80 or 50 four stroke i can go forever...

Practice, Practice, Practice! Try in the sand first, It doesn't hurt as bad when you fall! you wont get really good til you've went over back-wards @ least once.. Good luck!

as someone said, practice. It is easier to get the front wheel up on the street on a KDX. I start in second and just gas it once the power starts to kick in, let off the throttle for a second and shift mid gear without any clutch to keep the front end up.

I forgot to mention its a balancing act of weight, use of throttle, clutch, and rear brake!

Well. The powerband is fine. Its just allot harder to find that sweet spot to keep it up and going. I have a CRF 450 and I can wheelie that thing for a while. Still need pratice. thanks for the comment anyways :thumbsup:

Powerband on a KDX 200??? My friend has one and the only problem he has with wheelies is trying to get it up USING the throttle.

Anyway, on my CR250 I have it in second gear RIGHT below where the powerband hits. Then I crank it over the powerband and IMMEDIATELY let back off (this compresses the front forks) then I crank it back over the powerband again and the front wheel comes right up.

You can practice picking the front wheel up in 1st also if you want. Only problem with that is 1st tops out fairly quickly and riding that long wheelie is semi hard :thumbsup:

I wheelie my 200 for a really long time, put it in 3rd or fourth gear, get it in the middle of band, push down and compress your forks then lean bike and gas it and the bike balances perfectly. Then just go through your gears without clutch

Get a CR500?

Any gear, any speed. :ride:

My 250f can wheelie in any gear at any speed :thumbsup:

The title of the thread made me laugh, a couple years ago it would have just said "how to wheelie." lol

Quote:

Get a CR500?Any gear, any speed.

I have an 01 CR 250 with a SST pipe, Shorty Silencer,Rad valve,& 14/53 gearing. That thing will bring the front end up in 5th gear. My friend has a 98 CR 500 and he cant believe how much power my 250 has.

Find an incline as it's easier to loft it and you don't pick up as much speed.

Craigus

Watch the movie Time To Ride, and watch the segment Desert Storm with Destry Abbot, Brian Brown, and Shane Espizito, now those are wheelies, theyre on kx500s tho