KYB's the ULTIMATE CURE

Hello.

Yes, the ULTIMATE CURE!!!!

IDF - Isolated Damping Fork as discussed in other threads in this forum.

DaveJ performed this mod to my 2000 kyb's and I would have to say it's the biggest single improvement that you can make for your bike.

No longer will you have to worry about bottoming or arm pump (whiteknucklers don't apply they are that good ?

Bottoming especially. I can't tell you the difference in bottoming. These things will surprise you.

If you don't like your KYB's you need this mod.

Just letting you know......

If anyone has any questions about them feel free....

Well, the isolated fork design is a concept fork. It works extremely well, but it takes a picky rider to notice the difference between a design as such to one that is a highly refined more conventional approach (each fork being equal). Say the best that a Enzo or Factory Connection could send you.

Additionally, the isolated approach was done for two reasons: First to correct some inherent flaws in the KYB design and secondly to experiment with what the benefits would be if you isolated or made the flows about the mid-valve uni-directional. In other words, doing away with any damping characteristics associated with the displacement of the cartridge rod.

It was a design that I posted all the necessary parts and drawings for so that anyone could go at it and perhaps chime in with various lessons and improvements on modifications, and of course, opinions on various shim stacks and the like. Sort of like an open-source code.

But it does involve a lot of time and machining, most of which is irreversible, so I don't think it caught on with the TT masses.

Additionally, there are a good collection of tuners out there that can build some really good stuff, without hacking the fork into a collection of custom pieces, and there are also some tuners that make various parts for correcting many of the problems that this fork suffers from, Terry Hay being a good example.

I'll PM you back and let you know what options there are to chose from.

dave,that MV mod w/hyd bottomouts you did is still working awesome....way smoother but not so smooth that you lose contact,and bottoming is alot less frequent and sooo pleasant now(if thats possible). might not be as good as the isolated but it sure sounds easier to do. i'd still like to try the isolated one day ?