Sign in to follow this  

just got a ttr-125 for messing around on, what should i do?

ok, im just traded a 1996 cr 125 for my friends ttr-125. i already had a new 06 yz-125, so there was no need for the older one, and i got the cr by trading my half built 50 for it. anyways, i want to "pimp" my ttr i guess. what can i do suspension wise to it, like can i put 85 forks on it or what. how can i raise the back of it, and stuff like that. i want this for a playbike to wheelie, i havent ridden it once but are these bikes fun and all? :thumbsup:

also, are there any pics of some nice ttrr's?

Ya, get 85 forks, and a BBR rear shock spring. It really depends on how much money you have, and how much you are willing to spend. :thumbsup:

I see you said 'hands down'. I am a 135 lbs rider that just boutght a 125l for a pitbike/backyard warrior. Plan on doing pitbike type ridin/racing with it. For my weight, is the frame cradle a 'must have' or can i wait a while, at least after a pipe?

MAN those ttrs are sooo much nicer then mine! i havent modded mine at all! i need a job and some money bad :thumbsup:

if your going to pitbike it id get a bbk, flywheel lightened, suspension, sprockets maybe, frame cradle, yz carb, bars.. i wish i would done all that to my bike :thumbsup:

I see you said 'hands down'. I am a 135 lbs rider that just boutght a 125l for a pitbike/backyard warrior. Plan on doing pitbike type ridin/racing with it. For my weight, is the frame cradle a 'must have' or can i wait a while, at least after a pipe?

I would do the frame cradle ASAP, as it not only protects the underside of the engine, it stiffens the frame and completes the full perimeter, thus reducing frame flex. On our TTR, I rode it before and after and noticed that the front end seemed alot more "planted" as the frame flex was reduced and no longer felt like it was "wallowing" in high G corners.