Sign in to follow this  

Tires in Georgia

What are you harescramble guys running in GA (or any palce that would have similiar terrian)? Right now I have a Maxxis IT on the front and it wears great, but I think since it hasn't worn much that there may be more traction to be had with a softer tire. Hope that makes sense. I also have the new Dunlop 952 on the rear and it seems to hold up well also, what do ya'll think about it?

Thanks guys,

Dillon Swaim

I'm running 756 front and rear right now, but have been thinking about a new front tire. The 756 front is great, except when it rains and there are exposed roots. Then it is flat dangerous. I love the 756 rear, it doesn't get any better than that for me.

FYI, I'm racing the Durhamtown Plantation and SORCS race series. That should give you an idea about what tracks I am running. Oh yeah, and ridding an '04 CRF450 set up for the woods.

Michelin S-12 front- just put on a Maxxis IT rear. Was running S-12 rear but I wanted a little more wheelspeed out of corners.You just have to watch the S-12's on hardpack!

Pirelli MT16 rear, Scorpion Pro front.

Dwight

the scorpion pro frnt works great on the GA clay wet or dry,but suffers in rocks(not like there are many in GA) i used to use it when we went south but now have found a tire that seems to do most everything well (except maybe dry gravel roads) is the bridgestone ED11/12 combo. they eat the red clay up and wear exceptionally well,they're 6 ply so you can run lower air pressures when its wet. i really don't know why more people don't run these things :thumbsup:

Probably because although the ED11 works ok in the dirt, it feels flat in gravel. I used several of them because Al Baker was pushing them. I disliked the feel so I changed. Use a Pirelli MT16 front in the rocks.

Dwight